1 (edited by joeyr 2006-08-13 03:51)

Topic: Quick question: Don't want registration?

Hey all -

Just installed PunBB and am thrilled. I'm a designer entangled in the web app world and am always knocked out by the cool tools you all develop.

Question is simple - I have a small forum that is private and behind a passworded directory. I really don't want my users to have to log in to the passworded directory - then login to the forum as well.

Once they are in the passworded directory I want them to quickly be able to access the BB.

Can I turn off the registration ability? I know there is a turn off registration option - but have a feeling that turns off the ability to register - not eliminate the option.

Let me know - and again - thanks.

Re: Quick question: Don't want registration?

joeyr wrote:

Hey all -

Just installed PunBB and am thrilled. I'm a designer entangled in the web app world and am always knocked out by the cool tools you all develop.

Question is simple - I have a small forum that is private and behind a passworded directory. I really don't want my users to have to log in to the passworded directory - then login to the forum as well.

Once they are in the passworded directory I want them to quickly be able to access the BB.

Can I turn off the registration ability? I know there is a turn off registration option - but have a feeling that turns off the ability to register - not eliminate the option.

Let me know - and again - thanks.

Not sure if I get what you want to do, but if you want to remove the register link you can remove it from the code itself?

Re: Quick question: Don't want registration?

Sure, set all forums to allow guest posting and disable new registrations. Only things they'll have to do is give in their username/password when posting smile