Re: PunBB 1.2.12

when it's done.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Stahn wrote:

Please don't hurry a release of the next version, the most important thing is to make a fully stable release. Keep on the good work, I love PunBB.

if dont hurry a release to 1.3 it wel be 500 - Internal Server Error on mypunbb,so plz  hurry to release 1.3

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

grudon66 wrote:
Stahn wrote:

Please don't hurry a release of the next version, the most important thing is to make a fully stable release. Keep on the good work, I love PunBB.

if dont hurry a release to 1.3 it wel be 500 - Internal Server Error on mypunbb,so plz  hurry to release 1.3

if you hoping for 1.3 to be put straight onto mypunbb.com, then im guessing you will have to wait a bit longer after the release.  it depends how quickly or slowly ConnorHd wants to put it on to there.

good

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/config.php:7) in /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/config.php:7) in /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/config.php:7) in /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/config.php:7) in /home/jonny/public_html/shadows/vips/header.php on line 34

What does that mean????
I installed it twice and i had it at the two times??..??
Weird..
And when i login it doesn't login me???? is it my server ... my server just upgraded so i don't think!??? plz
help me guys plz help me sad

Make sure you don't have any spaces outside the <?php and ?> tags in config.php wink

ok ill try hope that will make it work wink

well still doesn't work look whats inmy config.php :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = '**censored';
$db_username = '**censored';
$db_password = '**censored!**';
$db_prefix = '**censored**';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'd5783c39';

define('PUN', 1);

?>
<body>
</body>
</html>

You shouldn't have any HTML in that file.

ok than i need to do it like this?

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = '**censored**';
$db_username = '**censored**';
$db_password = '**censored**';
$db_prefix = '**censored**';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'd5783c39';

define('PUN', 1);

?>

well i already tried it and then ...
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Well... as you can see its my first time im trieng punbb smile sad

SMF? =/ You have the wrong forums...

62 (edited by silence 2006-08-09 15:59)

yes srry i did the config in the wrong folder oops sad shame on me i was trieng smf too but bark smf is bad punbb looks 10X better ill retry the config.php

THANKS ELBEKKO IT WORKS NOW THX YOU SAVED MY PUNBB THX

Did the manual copying of files from .zip archive - works like a charm! THANK you. (No more manual editing for me - ha)

But (this happens quite a lot):
If user gives wrong pass to login, he clicks "forgotten password" and he does the email thing, often when clicking the activation link in the email, the user comes back as logged into the forum (he should get info that password is changed to the one in the email) - and the password is NOT changed, but he thinks so! So he uses the new one next time - and it is wrong.

I have changed pass manually as admin for quite a few ppl because of this - thats fine, but the flow of things should really work... It even happened to me when i mimicked a forgetful user's behaviour....

Anyone?

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Hmm. I'll put it on the list.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

mi wrote:

Did the manual copying of files from .zip archive - works like a charm! THANK you. (No more manual editing for me - ha)

But (this happens quite a lot):
If user gives wrong pass to login, he clicks "forgotten password" and he does the email thing, often when clicking the activation link in the email, the user comes back as logged into the forum (he should get info that password is changed to the one in the email) - and the password is NOT changed, but he thinks so! So he uses the new one next time - and it is wrong.

I have changed pass manually as admin for quite a few ppl because of this - thats fine, but the flow of things should really work... It even happened to me when i mimicked a forgetful user's behaviour....

Anyone?

Similar thing happened to me at punres.

The registration email took forever, so I clicked on the forgotten password link..  I recieved the 'forgotten password email' before the actual registration email.  Tried the forgotten password first and it wouldn't work.  It turns out that the registration password worked..

Thanks to the developers^^i support all of u in spirits^^

There's nothing left to say...

well i have a question ... which skin do they use at punres?

silence: How about asking over at Punres?

I deleted your other topic on the subject btw.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

silence wrote:

well i have a question ... which skin do they use at punres?

It was a custom skin they wrote, it isn't publicly released and won't be tongue

A custom one as Smartys said befor.