Topic: Big Letter "k" in russian

It doesn't work on this forum, it doesn't work on my forum too! Can smb help me?

Re: Big Letter "k" in russian

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6115

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

I'm aware that it may be broken for posts that have already been made before the fix zaher linked to, but does it also happen with new posts?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i don't know. i have punbb1.2 and i hope, that when i install v1.2.1 this problem will dissapear

Could you try posting a russian K in these forums just to make sure?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i did. but now i found some topics, where this problem has been discussing, and now i fixed this bug.

i has found two solutions:

function pun_trim($str)
{
    $fishy_chars = array(chr(0x81), chr(0x8D), chr(0x8F), chr(0x90), chr(0x9D), chr(0xA0), ' ');

return trim(str_replace($fishy_chars, ' ', $str));
}

and

function pun_trim($str)
{
        global $lang_common;

if (strpos($lang_common['lang_encoding'], '8859') !== false)
        {
                $fishy_chars = array(chr(0x81), chr(0x8D), chr(0x8F), chr(0x90), chr(0x9D), chr(0xA0), chr(0xCA));
                return trim(str_replace($fishy_chars, ' ', $str));
        }
        else
                return trim($str);
}

are both of them are rigth?

Huh? What you posted above (the second piece of code) is the code that is in PunBB 1.2.1.

9 (edited by Illukman 2005-02-10 05:55)

may be. i don't know smile but is first piece of code rigth too?

Your code? The two pieces of code you posted are from 1.2 and 1.2.1.

no.  in the first piece there is not "chr(0xCA)" in code. but in 1.2 it is.

Ah, I see. Still, you should use the second piece of code from 1.2.1.

but why in that case are you write a special function pun_trim() if i must use usual trim()???

Because when we're dealing with regular iso-8859-1 text, there are some additional characters I want to strip out.

ok. it seems, that i have understood...

The problem is still here! I have installed 1.2.12 over 1.2, but I can't print the big letter "k" (0xCA) in my forum. I thought the problem was solved in 1.2.4... It appears I was wrong. What should I do to correct this "bug"?