Topic: Windows Vista on VMWare

OK, so I need help... I tried installing Windows Vista on VMWare (I think it's Vista Beta 2). All works fine, installed VMTools, ... but can't get the network to work.
Normally it should be bridged, but I have no idea if that actually works...

So, does anyone have a solution for it or should I just burn the image to a DVD an install Vista on a free 50GB partition? tongue

Thanks,

-- Bekko

Re: Windows Vista on VMWare

Ok, I got it to work by adding another ethernet device... big_smile
Time for FF2 tongue

Before you install to much stuff on Beta 2, you might like to now that RC1 (build 5600) is out. Right now it is officially only available to a limited group, but it will be available to all Beta 2 testers in a few days. RC1 performance is so much better - and memory usage is almost half that of Beta 2, very nice specially when running virtualized where memory is often limited.

Does Vista RC1 include IE7 RC1 or IE7 Beta 3? I'm getting fed up of installing and uninstalling IE7 constantly.

CodeDuck wrote:

Before you install to much stuff on Beta 2, you might like to now that RC1 (build 5600) is out. Right now it is officially only available to a limited group, but it will be available to all Beta 2 testers in a few days. RC1 performance is so much better - and memory usage is almost half that of Beta 2, very nice specially when running virtualized where memory is often limited.

I just installed this for testing tongue I hope the download of RC1 won't be that big...

elbekko wrote:

Time for FF2 tongue

sorry to derail the topic, firefox2? what are the new features of firefox v2? and when is it supposed to be here?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:
elbekko wrote:

Time for FF2 tongue

sorry to derail the topic, firefox2? what are the new features of firefox v2? and when is it supposed to be here?

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Fi … developers

This should explain quite a bit smile
You can also find some sort of timetable somewhere there tongue

elbekko: The RC1 ISO is 2.7GB, I call that a big download - but it installs extremely quick, about 15min for a clean install.

Paul: I'm not sure how IE7 for XP and IE7+ in Vista compares, but I guess IE7+ in Vista RC1 is largely equivalent to IE7 RC1. About the uninstalling IE7, it's my understanding that there is no need to uninstall from IE7 RC1 forward.

I meant I have to keep uninstalling to go back to IE6. I need to be able to test in both constantly.

CodeDuck wrote:

elbekko: The RC1 ISO is 2.7GB, I call that a big download - but it installs extremely quick, about 15min for a clean install.

That's alot better than the 4.7GB download of Beta 2 smile

I'm looking forward to it ^^

Paul wrote:

I meant I have to keep uninstalling to go back to IE6. I need to be able to test in both constantly.

That's why I haven't tried it yet, I need to fire up IE 6 to test my sites also.

Paul wrote:

You have a point there. That's why VMWare is handy smile