1 (edited by MikeRulez 2006-09-04 02:35)

Topic: Request

I was wonderin if maybe sometime add more features to the things groups can do. Like one thing i was always wanting is when i make a new group i want that group to have some power too. So what i was wonderin is maybe have it to where you cancheck yes or know in the gruop options to have moderation/admin power or not. Also to further in that have it to where you can select on/off for each thing such as Options bans catagories forums so that you have even more control on what a group can and cant do. and same for plugins have it so you can allow them to see or not see certain plugins.

Wher eim going with this is say you install like the chat mod on your forum and you want to have someone be in charge of that this way you could make a group called like Chat Mods and then where it has the options like delete own topics and all those options have it to where it asks allow moderation privliges. Then after thats selected have the opions appear either under it or in a new option on list to pick what moderation privledges they have and in this case i could select bans and chat mod

Hope that explains it well enough if not just say and ill try again. I think this wold be cool not to metion helpful possibly for many people.

Re: Request

Like one thing i was always wanting is when i make a new group i want that group to have some power too. So what i was wonderin is maybe have it to where you cancheck yes or know in the gruop options to have moderation/admin power or not.

1.3 should have multiple moderator groups

Also to further in that have it to where you can select on/off for each thing such as Options bans catagories forums so that you have even more control on what a group can and cant do. and same for plugins have it so you can allow them to see or not see certain plugins.

I think that goes beyond something that should be in base functionality, since most people won't want to be that strict in controlling where the different groups can and can't go. It just adds a whole lot more bloat. It is possible as a mod though.
Plus, controlling access to a file based on a group you specify is two lines of PHP tongue

yeah but i stil lthink would be cool maybe that could be a big moderation someone could make smile for 1.3

The ability to set multiple moderator groups will be included in 1.3 AFAIK.

FYI, plugins prefixed with AP_ are viewable only by administrators, while those prefixed with AMP_ are viewable by both administrators and moderators. Once 1.3 is released and the ability to create multiple moderator groups is implemented, it should be fairly easy to hard-code group checks into plugins.

EDIT: darn it smile

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Muahaha, fast posting is fun tongue

Smartys wrote:

You and elbekko are so annoying. wink

I spend way too long on some posts.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:
Smartys wrote:

That makes sense, we both know each other from another forum tongue

Smartys wrote:
pogenwurst wrote:
Smartys wrote: