Re: Image Upload 1.2.1

Been trying for the last 8 hours, and i've managed to get http://www.perfectdefect.com/forum/incl … o.demo.php working with images.

The system uploads files fine, I can see them in the upload folder and view them. It's the thumbnail generation, so must be a problem with the interaction with phpThumb. The error returned is:

"" does not exist

Any ideas? thanks smile

Is there a way to dump the information being sent to phpThumb from the upload script - might show what data isn't right? Thanks

Before I download this plugin and play, can someone tell me whether it lets me enable the image upload feature *only in specific forums*.

For example, my punBB might have 10 regular forums where members can only post normally without including images, and then one 'Image Gallery' forum where image uploads etc are allowed via this plugin.

??

Thanks

Cia: Check lines 350-357 in image_upload.php. Check what "$dest.$name" and "$dest.'thumbnails/'.$name" equal to.

sirena: Yes, you can restrict which forums images can be uploaded to. This is done through forum permissions.

$dest = /home/will/pdforum/upload/1447/
$name = telopoly.jpg

These look right, confusing!

What are the permissions on the upload directory? Also, if you have access to the apache and PHP logs, take a look there right after the upload. What version of PunBB are you using?

Permissions are 777 on the upload directory.
There's nothing in the logs unfortunately.
I'm running PHP Version 4.4.2

I just noticed another error when deleting a thread which contained attempted uploads. Could this be because the thumbnails weren't created? the error is:

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1421): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

I might try moving the installation to my other host to see if its the server causing the problem.

Okay here's the complete output of the page when trying to delete a topic:

Warning: rmdir(/home/will/pdforum/upload//thumbnails/): No such file or directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 436

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1402): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1404): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1405): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1407): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1409): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1414): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1416): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1418): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1420): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1421): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1422): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1424): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1426): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1428): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1429): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1430): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1431): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1434): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1436): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1438): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1439): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1441): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1442): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1447): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1448): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1470): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: unlink(/home/will/pdforum/upload//1472): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 441

Warning: rmdir(/home/will/pdforum/upload//): Directory not empty in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 443

Redirecting
Topics deleted. Redirecting ?

Click here if you do not want to wait any longer (or if your browser does not automatically forward you)

Did you make some modifications to image_upload.php? None of your line numbers are matching up with the last revision...

Found the problem!

I had the uploads folder below public_html in /home/will/uploads/ but when I moved the folder into the public_html folder everything works 100%

Thanks NightFalcon, for the great mod and the help!

One last thing NightFalcon - a feature suggestion that would be quite cool. When users use the [img] tags, the image in them is grabbed from the url and thumbnailed. I might give it a try when im a bit more familier with PHP.

Okay the saga continues... getting this error when trying to delete a post:

Warning: rmdir(/home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/uploads//thumbnails/): No such file or directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 427

Warning: unlink(/home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/uploads//1497): Is a directory in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 432

Warning: rmdir(/home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/uploads//): Directory not empty in /home/will/public_html/perfectdefect/forum/include/image_upload/image_upload.php on line 434

Redirecting
Topics deleted. Redirecting ?

Click here if you do not want to wait any longer (or if your browser does not automatically forward you)

Cia, I suggest you clear everything out, download the mod again, and re-do the install. Without actual access to the server it's hard for me to say what can be going wrong.

Great mod!
One Question: I only see the upload slots after clicking on preview. Did I make something wrong?

My PunBB Arcade Mod & Game Packs 1-9 (update 01-06-2007):
Test and download here !

90 (edited by nickfzx 2006-06-23 16:12)

Hi I have an issue with image upload.

So it is a clean install of punbb 1.2.12 and the latest version of image upload (i modded the install so that it would install on 1.2.12)

So i went through the install extrememly carefully and it seems to all work fine except that the thumbnails are missing...when I upload an image it all goes fine...I can see it on the server but the thumbnails are not in the folder.

And when I run the image upload error checker it says missing thumnails in the posts where I have tried to upload images.

I have all the permissions of folders set to 777 and unlike the other user who had a similar problem with thumbnails I get no error messages when deleting posts with images in.

I am not sure what the problem is other than that thumbnails are not being created.  It is the latest version of php 4 on an apache server.

Any ideas?

By the way great plugin NightFalcon well it will be once I get it working smile

Cheers

Nick

here is the post:
http://www.thebutterflyfilm.co.uk/to-show.gif

Punbb w/coppermine and wordpress integrated

see my hack to integrate punbb with wordpress comment system.
Illustration Community

91 (edited by nickfzx 2006-06-23 17:57)

By the way I am getting this error log (in the error log in my server control panel) when i try and make a post with an image in it.

SUEXEC error_log:

[2006-06-23 11:50:01]: info: (target/actual) uid: (amateuri/amateuri) gid: (amateuri/amateuri) cmd: post.php
[2006-06-23 11:50:12]: info: (target/actual) uid: (amateuri/amateuri) gid: (amateuri/amateuri) cmd: post.php
[2006-06-23 11:50:22]: info: (target/actual) uid: (amateuri/amateuri) gid: (amateuri/amateuri) cmd: viewtopic.php

I do not really know what this means but there is are two amateuri's which is a little odd mabe the path is wrong somewhere?

anyone make sense of these?

Illustration Community

solved it now...the problem was that the php constant $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] isn't setup right on my server (as it isn't for many virtual servers that use Apache) and phpthumb that is used by image_upload to make the thumbnails uses $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] in its code....

to fix this problem I simply replaced all instances of $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] in the file phpthumb.class.php with ''

I did the same thing when setting up copperminefetch or cpmfetch for those of you who are familiar with coppermine.

Cheers

Nick

Illustration Community

robertdjung wrote:

anyone with a .12 install got this working?

I do; It works great for me. I don't think I had to do anything special either (just followed the readme).

94 (edited by robertdjung 2006-06-27 06:30)

Well, I'd had trouble getting this to work with the new version, but it was operator error.

For the future: edit the install_mod file to include the new version number. make sure you upload the files in the right places. Follow the directions.

This one was a snap after I turned on PHP error reporting and figured out what was going on. Thanks a million.

I'm curious -- I can't get images to upload for when you're replying to a  message. I only get the upload box for the 'post new message' time. Any thoughts?

yeah you have to go "post reply" not quick reply.

does anyone know if i can just stick the same code somewhere to get the image upload there for quickreply too?

cheers

Nick

Illustration Community

no takers? 

would be really useful to know if there is a way to get it working on the wuick reply not just normal reply?

Cheers
Nick

Illustration Community

will this mod allow me to specify an external repository for uploaded files?  i have a friend who has allowed me unlimited use of his >31gb space on his webserver, which i would like to use as the destination of uploaded images..

so basically, if my forum resides on http://www.foo.com, will this mod allow my users to upload images to http://www.bar.com?

thanks smile

99 (edited by iceymoon 2006-11-04 00:26)

i'm really interested in installing this, but since i'm new to php i don't want to mess with it unless i know it will be useful. so before i download and try to install it, here's a couple questions.

1. do any of the new versions allow you to hide the gallery?
2. how big does the image have to be to make it into a thumbnail? or does it turn all images into thumbnails no matter what? in my particular forums, i don't think anyone will be posting anything bigger than 300x300, so i really don't need thumbnails. :]
3. what is the (or is there a) maximum number of images a person could upload per post/reply?

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions! big_smile

Looking for a Version for PunBB 1.2.14.

Or Version 1.2.1 function are for 1.2.14 ok?