276 (edited by hydrogen 2006-09-15 18:05)

Re: Attachment Mod 2.0.1 by Frank H

Hi! first: very nice work! thanks a LOT!!!

second: tongue cuestion:

After installing the mod (it was installed by another person) i noticed, that when Guest users or recently registered users post something, it comes duplicated or multiplicated... for ex:

Guests posts: Hi i got a problem

and the posts repeats

Hi i got a problem

Hi i got a problem

Hi i got a problem

Hi i got a problem

Hi i got a problem

May it be a problem with a mod or it's about /dev/hands of the person who installed the mod?

(i'm an admin of this forum, but have no access to ftp... so i think i need to check some files and search a wrong line... but what files should i request to the admin???)

Thanks in advance

P.S. sorry my english smile

it's the person installing the mod ...
(step 43/44 in the readme has changed after changeset 172 ... as written in the first post of this thread, and on the installation guide over at http://cms.frankh.shacknet.nu/ )

Vas wrote:

Hi!
The problem appeared When use Attachment Mod 2.0.1:
1) Attach to message image
2) press to EDIT
3) Correct text (only text!) of the message
4) press to SEND
5) Disappears attached picture

That to do?

P.S. PunBB 1.2.11

Do you have any other modifications?
can you zip and send edit.php to me over email? ( frank-dot-hagstrom-at-gmail-dot-com  ... replace -dot- and -at- with . and @)

279 (edited by Vas 2006-09-17 13:30)

Frank H wrote:

Do you have any other modifications?
can you zip and send edit.php to me over email? ( frank-dot-hagstrom-at-gmail-dot-com  ... replace -dot- and -at- with . and @)

modifications:

Attachment Mod
Broadcast Email
Calendar Settings
Clear Cache
Custom Pages
DB management
Forum cleanup
Languages and styles
Merge Forums
News Generator
Polls
Private messaging
User management
Wiki

edit.php zip and send to  frank-dot-hagstrom-at-gmail-dot-com

On postal server were a problems second letter could come several times. Excuse me

could someone please share a working version.

thx

Hi,

I have recently installed punbb with the attachment mod three times (and on two different servers), always with the same problem. It's as follows:

* Install works perfectly, and everything seems to work fine
* But when I attch a file, it seems to be working (takes its time), but shows no files in the post. There's also no files in the created folder (which contains .htaccess and index.htm).

PunBB is version 1.2.12, and I installed the attachment mod following every step of your nice installation guide at http://cms.frankh.shacknet.nu/. I've also changed folder permissions to allow everyone (both parent and generated folder). I did install the Flash mp3-player mod before the attachment mod, otherwise everything's as fresh as possible.

Of my two servers, one is a webhotel with safe mode=ON, the other is my own server with apache2 and php5.

Any clues? It's a fabulous mod, and the only thing right now preventing me from launching punbb as a successor to fudforum (can't wait, really) on my site www.pianophilia.com.

Jan Terje

http://cms.frankh.shacknet.nu/index.php … ;Itemid=31
Look under 1.6 Max allowed upload size

Thanks for your tip, I have changed memory_limit to 17M, post_max_size to 16M and upload_max_size to 12M. And ofcourse the file_uploads = 1.

Unfortunately it didn't change anything (and I *have* restarted the server smile). Any more hints are very welcome.

Jan Terje

hmm, as you followed the installation guide, did you as an admin attach a really small file? (i.e. a textfile with only the word "test" in it)

if it doens't work, does it show up in the attachment directory, or in the database?
if it doesn't show up in the database/files , then it's probably some permissions that isn't set as it should between PHP->OS, perhaps the safemode is interfering on that one ...
(admins override any securitychecks, so rules aren't involved in this test, and a tiny textfile is less than what's set in the mods setting for max filesize, the only thing an admin doesn't override)

hmm, I guess the safemode might interfer and doesn't allow the mod to work at all ... the install_mod.php won't run (it will start complaining about .htaccess and index.html, that it's not allowed to copy them, even though the directory is 777, didn't you get that error?) ...
(and I'm not sure it will allow you to upload files afterwards either)

Does avatars work? (they can also be affected by the safemode setting)

Thanks for your swift reply.

I did indeed try with a very small txt file (70B), and it doesn't show up either in the database or the attachment directory. Safe mode may be the thing interferring with my webhotel-installation, but safe mode is certainly off on my own server.

Haven't tried avatars, but I think I'll once again try to do a clean install of punbb and your mod - right now I can only believe I must have done something wrong when I changed the php-files. I'll let you know what happens after I try this.

Jan Terje

Try disabling any error suppression (if it's there).

no error suppression ... so it looks like the php isn't 'seeing' the file

are the enctype="multipart/form-data" in the <form> tag in post.php?

Quickie: yep, the "enctype="multipart/form-data" is in a <form> tag in post.php. I'll now start doing a fresh install, so I hope that may solve it. In my laziness, I only used my previous modified punbb-files for installing on my own server, which could explain why the same error occurs on two different servers.

JT

Well, I made some progress. I am now able to upload the little txt-file (or any small txt file), but it rejects files seemingly above 10KB or something. As I said earlier, my php.ini settings would allow a LOT more (I've changed the admin settings too).

It's at least better now. Any guesses?

Jan Terje

PS. I'm really impressed with the fast response here, thanks guys!!

Check your phpinfo and ensure that the settings are set properly

292 (edited by janterje 2006-09-24 20:51)

The php-info tells me:

PHP version: 5.1.2
the settings talked about above are correct; memory limit=17M, post_max_size=16M, upload_max_size=12M.
Btw, when I installed punbb, the defaul Mysql-setting was "Mysqli", not mysql. Not sure what that means.

So the most probable cause is somewhere in the PHP-settings, not the attachment mod or punbb itself?

Jan Terje

EDIT: The sizelimit seems to be between 5000 byte and 5700 byte - I tried some small files, and everything below 5100 byte worked. On the same server I host a test-version of eGroupWare, and I successfully uploaded a 4MB file just now. Hmmm.

Frank will have to be the judge of that: however, the mod works fine for plenty of other people so I don't think it's a bug there or in PunBB

Have you tried from another browser?

Good idea, didn't think of that. I have been using Firefox (latest update), but now also tried IE (6 something). Same there I'm afraid.

Very strange thing indeed.

Have you set the max alloed size in the plugin for the attachment mod?
And also rules for other groups?

("Setup the mod" in the Installation guide)

I think we're closing in now. I did set the max allowed size in the attachment mod plugin, but when I now went to recheck, the size limit was 2000! Though after changing that (also allowing guests to attach, just in case), I still wasn't able to upload any bigger files. However, going back and forth between the forum and the plugin, suddenly the size limit was 2000 again!

Before the size setting magically changing to 2000 for the second time, I checked phpmyadmin to see if the rules were set in the database - which they were. So when I tried uploading, the database said the size limit was 1200000.

Btw, I'm only testing on my own server now, crappy old machine, but running apache2, php5.1.2 and mysql5.0.22.

Thanks again for your time, it's very much appreciated.

Jan Terje

sounds like your cachefiles doesn't get updated, try deleting the phpfiles in /cache/

I have the same problem...
Files are uploaded (they exist in /attachments), are present in the database, appear when I edit the post...
But any files appear when I display the post normally...

(Mod Attachment Mod 2.0.1 on punBB 1.2.12)

check that all the changes has been made in viewtopic.php