Topic: Verification

If you have verification turned on for registration, how can  you tell whether the user has actually verified? I don't see this anywhere in the user's profile. When I look in phpMyAdmin, there are fields in the users table for activate_string and activate_key, but these seem to be NULL in all cases.

I'm trying to figure out whether requiring verification is actually an effective deterrent to spammers, but it's tricky if I can't even tell whether they've done the email verification thing.

Thanks.

Re: Verification

Look in the punbb_users table, the groud_id field will be 32000 if they haven't confirmed their registration.

Bingo, that's it.  So it looks like verification is  pretty effective.  9/10 of new registrants on my board today did not verify. So is there a mod that will auto-delete users with fewer than 1 post at some regular interval? Or should I just write a quick SQL statement into a php file and execute it via cron at regular intervals?

Thanks,
Scot

I'd go with cron wink

Or spend 30 minutes and write an admin plug-in with lists or names and dates and post counts and such big_smile

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

Maybe a column in the User list denoting group_id status?

hcgtv wrote:

Maybe a column in the User list denoting group_id status?

I just edited the `get_title` function that userlist.php uses to include something like this:

else if ($user['g_id'] == '' || $user['g_id'] == PUN_UNVERIFIED)
        $user_title = 'Unverified';