Topic: Question for Kennel

Would I be able to use the design from www.PunBB.org for one of my websites?

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Re: Question for Kennel

Sure. Please don't copy it exactly though.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Awesome. Thanks man. No I won't use it all. I just love the simplicity of it. Maybe that's why I love PunBB...

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

If you love PunBB, why dont you use it then? smile

Hmmm.

Yeah, that's a good question! :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I'm using it on all my new sites. I can't use it on www.medievalbattles.com because I would lose a lot of important threads. I am just waiting for that converter to be done.

Ok, you're excused :)

Wasn't someone making a converter?

(I've been thinking about doing one... need a database to work on though.)

You make me a custom mod, I'll supply a database for you to experiment on.

Through the awful grace of God

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

Catuz was making a converter for phpBB, so it seems useless for me to make one too...

11 (edited by gunny 2003-10-25 20:29)

I have an idea for a mod, and if you want a db to screw around on, let me know.

Edit: sort of in trade, I guess.

Through the awful grace of God

"Dude, CSS and XHTML are like two boys who are deeply in love.  They're perfect for each other, but no one can acccept it."

I don't think i'm going to be able to finnish it so.. go ahead

Cactuz wrote:

I don't think i'm going to be able to finnish it so.. go ahead

Ok, I'll think about it... seems like ALOT of work. (With different databases and all that)

If there is need for it, i can provide PG access for the free forums out there for the db-conversion to pun tool.

It would be default-install into it's own pg db.
I'm on PHP 4.3.3 and PG 7.3.4 with phpPgAdmin 2.4.2 on apache 1.3.28 with mod_gzip support.

I've been working in the converter today, not far from done now.

One problem though, I don't have any big database to try it on. Is there someone here who can provide me with a phpBB 2.06 mySQL database backup file?

I have a 2.0.0 backup file that you can use...

17 (edited by chacmool 2003-12-19 18:35)

Great! How big is it?

Can you mail it to me?
Or ICQ maybe? #8572673
Or IRC: #punbb @ quakenet

Edit: I like the 3-minute-answers big_smile

The backup file is 12megs...