1 (edited by andor 2003-12-19 22:37)

Topic: e-mails for moderation not being sent

hi - love the script - installation was a snap and all works fine except that the moderator e-mails (though it has been set to send them) are not being sent - when I registered to your version of punbb here, that was the first time I saw a punbb-generated e-mail . . .

i am using the following:

Operating System      Linux
Kernel     2.4.20-24.8
Apache     1.3.29 (Unix)
MySQL     4.0.15-standard
PHP Information     4.3.2
Perl Modules     5.8.0

have also tried to use an external smtp server, but that didn't work either - - any ideas????

Cheers, and thanks for your time

Re: e-mails for moderation not being sent

What do you mean by moderator e-mails? Do you mean "Report method" in admin/options?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Sorry for that - yes, report method under options has been set to "email" and while there has been plenty of activity on the board already, no reports have been received.

Well, are you sure someone has reported any posts then? E-mails are only sent out if and when someone clicks "Report" and fills in a reason for reporting the post.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well then, that's my problem solved -  I assumed that the board notified the moderator every time a post was made to the board. Thanks for clearing that up.

No, I'm afraid PunBB doesn't have such a feature.