Topic: My site

http://leetskype.com/ please register if you wish to be part of the new rpg being developed or if you would like to use the 10mb music uploader other then that give feedback on how it looks smile

Re: My site

~.~ people use .ogg format too, you know...

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

3 (edited by Cursed1 2006-09-20 23:15)

i've heard .ogg file format wasn't save but thats just what i've heard plus who in the heck even uses .ogg? :S

unreal game engine.

can .ogg files have any sort of viruses in them

text files can have virii in them.  data execution is a means where executable data is loaded where resource data should have been.  its then run instead of read, and the virus lives.  amd's 64 bit processors have data execution prevention built into them so thats not a factor, but the rest of the 32 bit world is still susceptible though good prevention measures are now built in.

ogg files are compressed sound data, and are subject to data execution injections like any other file.  they are not executables though.

ogg is also a publicly owned file format. Meening to add in ogg support to your program, you only need to code the support.

mp3 is the exact same thing as an ogg (subject to the same types of vulnerabilities, ruffly the same compression rate, etc..), but it's a proprietary format. mp3 support requires both the code to support the format, and requires one to pay royalty fees for use of the format.

ogg > mp3 because it's free, as in PunBB free (or apachee web server free, or linux free).
mp3 < ogg because it's costly, as in buying Windows XP costly (or Office XP costly).

MP3 information (pay special attention to "Design limitations of MP3" and "Licensing and patent issues")
Vorbis information This is the encoding format for most .ogg files, but .ogg files acctually support a variety of encoding formats
Ogg information Ogg is only a container format. The actual music or video encoded by a codec will be stored inside an Ogg container.

Ahh, the joy of being part of a GPL project, where everyone other then you uses windows on thier desktop... roll

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

COOL SITE!!
VERY COOL SITE!!