Topic: Problem with uploading avatars

Hello,

I can not upload any avatar. When I try, I get an information that it is not possible and I shoul contact the administrator smile

Do you have any idea what is the problem?

Re: Problem with uploading avatars

Could you tell us the exact error message?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

User Permission disabled???

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------
---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Same problem, though I get this message:

"The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at blah..."

I tried fiddling with the pixels and such... it's the same avatar I have for this forum...

aaah! my brain is mush.

Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. Yum.

Did you try to chmod the avatar directory? To be on the safe side, try 777. You can usually do that through your FTP client. In FlashFXP you select the directory and press ctrl+O, then enter 777 in the text field and press OK.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Oh God.... don't shot me, but I have no clue how to do that.  It's amazing I can dress myself in the morning.

Also, I see you have a link back to Pun.org up at the top of the page, how do you get that?

Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. Yum.

By editing include/template/main.tpl

Regarding the chmodding. Do you use an FTP client to upload stuff to your website? In that case, which one?

8 (edited by pirhan 2003-12-21 02:51)

Dreamweaver. 

Thanks so much... I love you TechSupport Peoples..

It's opened, but in simpletext.. and I don't see chmod anywhere...

Ok, try this.

1. Connect to your FTP host in Dreamweaver.
2. Press ctrl+shift+F12. An FTP log window will appear.
3. In the "FTP Command:" field enter: site chmod 777 /path/to/your/avatar/directory

If you forum is located in a directory called forum in the public_html folder, you would write:

site chmod 777 forum/img/avatars

If it is successful, a message saying "200 SITE CHMOD command successful." will appear in the log windows.

Try this. I'm off to bed now, but I'll check in tomorrow again :)

10 (edited by pirhan 2003-12-21 03:41)

Eee! It worked! wow, cool, Thanks!!!  *does the 'I am so Happy' dance*

.... tech people sleep??!!

pirhan wrote:

.... tech people sleep??!!

Now and then :)