Topic: Disable user "delete" function

I've gone over the Admin page several times and can't seem to find a way to disable users from deleting their own posts. I don't want them to delete their posts - I only want Admins and Mods to delete posts. How do I make this happen?

Re: Disable user "delete" function

Administration -> User groups -> Edit "Members"
There should be a "Delete posts" yes/no option

You are soooo awesome! Thanks!

4 (edited by vnpenguin 2006-10-04 13:54)

If user can "edit posts" the option "delete posts" is not so important. Because he/she can turn his post become a "empty post". A "empty post" is also the same as "deleted post" :-)

[no signature]

vnpenguin wrote:

If user can "edit posts" the option "delete posts" is not so important. Because he/she can turn his post become a "empty post". A "empty post" is also the same as "deleted post" :-)

Actually, deleting a post may be used for purposes other than simply removing its content from view. For example, to covertly bump a topic, some users delete their posts (when they are the last in their respective topics) and repost a copy of it. It can be quite irritating. sad

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

6 (edited by Kamal 2006-11-13 22:52)

I need help as well with this issue.
http://www.samuelljackson.com/index.php … =com_punbo

1. I need to delete some posts and I'm unable to do so.
2. I don't see how I would get here Administration -> User groups -> Edit "Members"

I see Admin, but not user groups.

I'm using Punbo version Punbo 0.3 - Check for upgrade
Copyright © 2005 Hans Blomme PunBB version PunBB 1.2.8
Copyright © 2002-2005 Rickard Andersson Server load 0.76 0.75 0.68 (1 users online)

and Mambo 4.5.2

3. I get this error in mambo admin Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class punbolanguage in /hsphere/local/home/sljcom/samuelljackson.com/components/com_punbo/language/english.php on line 23
(is that unrelated?)

I can't vouch for how Punbo works, it's based off of PunBB: it may or may not have the same features.