1 (edited by Cursed1 2006-10-06 05:10)

Topic: to anybody who uses alecks news mod i need help

example - Forums » News & Annoucements » New Mod Installed - RPG Bucks. - Posted 2006-09-28 21:20:05  » Cursed

ok that above is an annoucement on my forums it all works except when i try to click 'New Mod Installed - RPG Bucks' (the topic title) instead of linking to the actual topic id it links to the edit id

in other words the id to the topic 'new mod installed - rpg bucks.' is 57 the edit id is 291 instead of going to the topic id it uses the edit id so it says Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated. Because it goes to http://leetskype.com/viewtopic.php?id=291 instead of http://leetskype.com/viewtopic.php?id=57

i hope i explained it clear enough smile

it does this for every annoucement i make btw

Re: to anybody who uses alecks news mod i need help

could you supply us with the code so we can work with it? Its clear that your using the wrong line of code or [;acing the wrong code to retrieve from the database.

Moved to Modifications

here is the code http://www.uploadit.biz/download.php?fi … x57279.php

the header seems to work ok it doesn't go to the edit id its just the annoucement.

yeah i've tried a few things still can't get it any ideas?

Try changing

echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><strong><a href="forum.php">Forums</a> » <a href="viewforum.php?id='.$cur_post['forum_id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['forum_name']).'</a> » <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_post['pid'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['subject']).'</a></strong> - Posted '.format_time($cur_post['posted']).' <span class="byuser'.(isset($cur_post['g_title']) ? ' '.strtolower(str_replace(' ', '', $cur_post['g_title'])) : '').'"><strong> » </strong><a href="profile.php?id='.$cur_post['poster_id'].'" class="username">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['poster']).'</a></span></p>'."\n";

to

echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><strong><a href="forum.php">Forums</a> » <a href="viewforum.php?id='.$cur_post['forum_id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['forum_name']).'</a> » <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['subject']).'</a></strong> - Posted '.format_time($cur_post['posted']).' <span class="byuser'.(isset($cur_post['g_title']) ? ' '.strtolower(str_replace(' ', '', $cur_post['g_title'])) : '').'"><strong> » </strong><a href="profile.php?id='.$cur_post['poster_id'].'" class="username">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['poster']).'</a></span></p>'."\n";
Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

yup theres your answer above havent been around for you smile lol try understanding the code and maybe play around with it before asking. When it said "Pid" it basically said $cur_post['post_id'] This would be invalid so instead we put $cur_post['id'] smile as he did above,

thanks i could probably kiss you right now