Topic: Meber can not delete their own posts

there is an option of " user group -- member -- delete the posts"
i set it up.
and i found when i login with a normal member ,i can not delete my post ,coz there is no option let me to delete there is only " report " and "quote"

2 (edited by Gizzmo 2006-10-06 07:31)

Re: Meber can not delete their own posts

there are two options, uses deleting their posts, and their topics (including any replies).

i also noticed that if you have "users can delete their posts" off and "users can delete their topic" on than i get an error when i try to delete my topic... that seems more like a bug.

Gizzmo wrote:

i also noticed that if you have "users can delete their posts" off and "users can delete their topic" on than i get an error when i try to delete my topic... that seems more like a bug.

If users can't delete their individual posts, why would they be able to delete entire topics?

qie wrote:

there is an option of " user group -- member -- delete the posts"
i set it up.
and i found when i login with a normal member ,i can not delete my post ,coz there is no option let me to delete there is only " report " and "quote"

Please double-check that you have configured things properly. I don't see why this would be happening. Perhaps you are trying to delete a post that is the start of a topic, but do not have the option set to allow normal members to delete their own topics.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

If users can't delete their individual posts, why would they be able to delete entire topics?

im sayin that the option is showing up to delete but when you click the button, it pops up saying you cant delete your posts.

Gizzmo wrote:
pogenwurst wrote:

im sayin that the option is showing up to delete but when you click the button, it pops up saying you cant delete your posts.

Oh, I see.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Problem solved.
coz i'm not click the "delete the topics"

Thank you all.