Topic: Forum Re-arranging?

Just a thought Kennel - maybe there could be a forum for Mod Requests and Mod Releases.

I know the boards could become cluttered, but any request for a Mod appears half way down the page, because so many Mods (and more in the future) have been/will be released.

Re: Forum Re-arranging?

True. However, I'm not sure the mod stuff should be in these forums at all. I would very much prefer that someone put together a complete mod site that can host all the downloads and also a forum for discussion of the mods.

Is anyone up for the task?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Cactuz 2003-12-23 13:31)

PunBB Resource (2) is under development.. This time it's gonna be really good smile

Ok, great. In the meantime, it would be great if you could just make the mod archives available so that people can download.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by Cactuz 2003-12-23 14:03)

I'll have a look at that

EDIT: Here's all the files I could get from the old PunBB Resource:

http://www.cactuz.nu/punbb/

Great, thanks.

So now that the new PunRes is up, can we do away with the Sticky Threads in the Mod Forum?

Yes, we probably can. I'm not sure what we should do with that forum. Perhaps we should create one forum for release announcements and one for general mod discussions (requests, help etc.). How does that sound?

9 (edited by chacmool 2004-01-07 22:51)

Hmm, I think it's hard to separate the two, help and such things will be asked in the release-forum anyway.

Kennel wrote:

Yes, we probably can. I'm not sure what we should do with that forum. Perhaps we should create one forum for release announcements and one for general mod discussions (requests, help etc.). How does that sound?

That sounds familiar - hint: read first post big_smile

The point is that the requests are often found off the bottom of the screen, due to so many stickies

JoeWesthead wrote:
Kennel wrote:

That sounds familiar - hint: read first post :D

Haha! I'm getting too comfortable with the "New posts" link :)

I can't even see why to have a mod forum here, ok, PunRes doesn't have a real forum yet, but I'm working on it wink

That's an option. However, I fear that modding discussions will pop up here anyway.

True