Topic: Making Firefox extension

Hey all,

With my moderator work over at PunRes, I've come up with an idea for a Firefox extension. I looked through the available ones on the Firefox site, but only found one that did something similar to what I want, but not quite what I want tongue
It's the "Copy as HTML Link" extension.

Basically, what I want it to do, is this:
When you right-click on a link, you see the option to copy as BBCode link, with the copied text looking like this:

[url=<href part of the selected link>]<text of the selected link>[/url]

So when I right-click on this link:

<a href="profile.php?id=5453">SomeUser</a>

I want it to copy:

[url=http://www.punres.org/profile.php?id=5453"]SomeUser[/url]

(taking a PunRes example here).

I've managed to get the plugin modified so it copies into a BBCode link, but that's about it... I have no idea on what controls to use etc, so this is where I need help.

Or if someone just wants to make, it fine by me too =P

I hope I was clear smile

Thanks for the help!

-- El Bekko

Re: Making Firefox extension

You might want to take a look at these links for info on extension dev: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=69339#p69339

You also might want to check out the BBCodeXtra extension, which has a clipboard submenu where you can click "URL with name", which will pop up a dialog to enter the link text and then generate the BBCode with the text you provided and the current contents of your clipboard as the URL.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

You might want to take a look at these links for info on extension dev: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=69339#p69339

I'll take a look at those, thanks smile

wrote:

You also might want to check out the BBCodeXtra extension, which has a clipboard submenu where you can click "URL with name", which will pop up a dialog to enter the link text and then generate the BBCode with the text you provided and the current contents of your clipboard as the URL.

I have that extension, but it doesn't quite do what I want tongue It still needs me to fill in the name of the URL wink

elbekko wrote:
pogenwurst wrote:

I have that extension, but it doesn't quite do what I want tongue It still needs me to fill in the name of the URL wink

... how will your poor, poor hands ever survive? wink

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

They won't sad *sniff*

Yes, I know I'm lazy, but it'd be quite handy tongue And not only for my moderator work over at PunRes, just a handy extension in general.