Topic: PunBB 1.2.14

I guess the old English idiom "when it rains, it pours" applies today :) Nevertheless, I am pleased to announce the release of PunBB 1.2.14. This release addresses a few security problems, fixes a bug or two, adds a search performance tweak and adds stylesheet fixes to fully support the up-and-coming Internet Explorer 7 release. You can find all files related to the update on the downloads page.

Thanks a lot to Nms (nms@wargan.org). Never before have I received such a detailed vulnerability report :) As usual, thanks to Smartys for some of the reports. Finally, thanks to Yann for reporting the search performance tweak.

As some of you might have noticed, I didn't update the copyright notice to include the year 2006 because that would affect all scripts (the GPL preamble) and make the diff's huge. It'll be in 1.3.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2.14

big_smile

Good to see another update smile

Don't forget to update the announcement wink

Smartys wrote:

I knew you were gonna point that out smile I ran out of nifty things to put in the announcement, so I just updated the message for 1.2.13 smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:
Smartys wrote:

I knew you were gonna point that out smile I ran out of nifty things to put in the announcement, so I just updated the message for 1.2.13 smile

I'm so predictable big_smile

hdiff  smile

http://punbb.org/download/hdiff/hdiff-1 … .2.14.html

News hassent updated on http://punbb.org smile

Mark wrote:

News hassent updated on http://punbb.org smile

Thanks. I forgot smile

Cool a new update smile

Thanks Rickard.

Hmmm.

Thanks for this update.

When will you fix the bug i submitted to you ? (about moderators able to change users' avatars)

SUPER-duper! All well here with 1.2.14 - JUST in time for all the attacks, and now they will be sooooooo upset, when they can't do their stupid injections! wink

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Thanks, it is so good to have these updates.

Keulig wrote:

Thanks for this update.

When will you fix the bug i submitted to you ? (about moderators able to change users' avatars)

Damn! I knew I had forgotten something. Sorry about that Keulig. I'll make sure to get it in the next update.

Rickard wrote:
Keulig wrote:

Thanks for this update.

Damn! I knew I had forgotten something. Sorry about that Keulig. I'll make sure to get it in the next update.

No problem ! Already fixed on my board smile

Changes made on my forum smile

17 (edited by phatax 2006-10-16 11:31)

I made the changes manually using the hdiff
When I go into the admin section, under 'Statistics' it shows:

PunBB version
    PunBB 1.2.13 - Check for upgrade
    © Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Rickard Andersson

The version still shows as: 1.2.13 - even though I changed it as in the hdiff
what am I doing wrong?
I tried surfing to www.foo.com/forum/install.php
but it says forum is already installed...

You need to change it in your database. It's in the config table.

Don't forget to clear the cache folder aswell so the config updates.

Nice to ear that our patch got integrated smile Punbb's much, much, much more faster since we applied it wink

Updated with hdiff output.
Thanks for your continuous support, Rickard !

Yann wrote:

Nice to ear that our patch got integrated smile Punbb's much, much, much more faster since we applied it wink

Can you tell me more about what exectly make it faster? (it's just my interest)

SDTux wrote:
Yann wrote:

Can you tell me more about what exectly make it faster? (it's just my interest)

When searching and showing results as topics (the default), PunBB used to join in the posts table in the query that fetches the topics to display. This join turned out to be useless so we removed it.

OK, it's clear now.
And one more question about link to hdiff in the news - there isn't there direct link in the news - doesn't it strange?

Updated with hdiff output, cleaned the cache and updated the version number in the conf table. It works.
Thanks for your support, Rickard !