Topic: PunBB and pMachine integration?

Hi all ...

Wondering if anyone out there has played around with the notion of integrating pMachine with punBB [integration].

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Re: PunBB and pMachine integration?

Isn't pMachine a dead project?

Don't you mean ExpressionEngine?

hcgtv wrote:

Isn't pMachine a dead project?

Don't you mean ExpressionEngine?

No, pMachine is very much alive and well.

In fact, it is now released as a freebie - superceding their 'lite' version.  The Lite version has since been dropped.  All that exists now is the full [but free] pMachine Pro 2.4, and Expression Engine.

Expression Engine is great, but expensive and tough to get your head wrapped around.  Taking the fact pMachine 2.4 is out and is now free, for our own use we will probably stick with it.

Raybo wrote:

Expression Engine is great, but expensive and tough to get your head wrapped around.  Taking the fact pMachine 2.4 is out and is now free, for our own use we will probably stick with it.

EE is actually easier to use than pMachine ever was, but yes it does cost money.

pMachine is free as of 2.4 but it's not open source and further development has stopped. So yes, you can take pMachine and hack away with your own enhancements, just like the next person can, but you can't share it out. So it's a dead end situation, the way I see it.

I have to agree about the flexibility of EE (multiblog, template customization, custom fields). And compared to pMachine (even the pro version), yes, i think EE is MUCH better.

Expression Engine has its Core version too, right? So, if there is only a single account in pMachine, why not switching to EE core? smile

Anyway, I am also interested in integrating punBB to Expression Engine. Is it possible? Anyone?

i'm also looking for EE Core / PunBB integration

Tae,

Thomas moved to Textpattern, he made the post right above yours. EE core might be free but it's closed source, I don't think the licensing would allow anybody to do a PunBB to EE core bridge, they would not be allowed to release it to the general public.

o ok, thanks.. it's a shame tho.. EE is great and i prefer it over textpattern

hey guys... Just installed a punbb forum on a domain where I currently have an EEwiki and soon to have a "blog" on there too. would love to allow my users to have one login. Ideally use the EE membership stuff for punbb.

Although EE is not opensource they do not have a problem with people releasing add-ons and such as long as none of their code is released with it (I think).

Are there any guru's out there who'd be up for the challenge of getting the two working together?