Topic: Can't view index page - redirects to install/install.php

My forum is located at: http://www.project-am.info/forums

It's been up and running for a couple weeks now but as of a couple hours ago the home page has been redirecting me to /install/install.php. Also, I've been recieving this message at that page:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/install/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.project-am.info Port 80

Re: Can't view index page - redirects to install/install.php

is config.php still intact?

Yes.

PunBB doesn't have an install folder: could this be a mod_rewrite setting gone wrong?
Or could it be phpBB? wink

I imported the database from phpBB if that makes any difference  - I think phpBB has an install folder.

joshspazjosh wrote:

I imported the database from phpBB if that makes any difference  - I think phpBB has an install folder.

Yeah, the install folder was what made me think of phpBB. Probably unrelated though
What modifications did you install on PunBB?

Mmm, this works
http://www.project-am.info/forums/userlist.php

Private_Message_Mod

I also installed Login Box but uninstalled it after it started logging me in then logging me back out again.

Mmm, odd
I'd try deleting all the .php files in the cache directory. If that doesn't work, the only suggestion I can think of is to upload a clean copy of the files.

I deleted all the .php files in cache, didn't work. What do you mean by "upload a clean copy"? Will my database be affected?

Do you have any .htaccess files in your forum/ directory?

Now I get

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'.

So make sure the cache folder is chmodded properly

As for "upload a clean copy", I simply mean download a copy of 1.2.14 and upload it over what you already have. It won't affect your database (although you'll have to reapply the changes to files for the PM mod)

I have no .htaccess files in my main forum directory.

Also I just chmodded the cache folder to 777 and still nothing.

Upload a clean copy of functions.php and common.php

I re-uploaded all the files in the root directory and it's working fine now. I'm afraid this might happen again, though, so I'm wondering what I should do in the future . . . just re-upload again?

joshspazjosh wrote:

I re-uploaded all the files in the root directory and it's working fine now. I'm afraid this might happen again, though, so I'm wondering what I should do in the future . . . just re-upload again?

It shouldn't happen again: if it does, could you send me a backup of the files so I can see what's going wrong?