Topic: PunBB Resource

The new version was just released!

There is not forum yet but I'm working on it.

http://punres.cactuz.nu

Re: PunBB Resource

Sweet!

Adding my projects asap.

Really nice page smile Good job!

One thing I miss though... I want to be able to enter "old" stuff in the changelog.

4 (edited by ps21 2003-12-26 15:00)

I am getting this error message though the page displays OK

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /www/root/punres/include/common.php on line 26

[EDIT]

Forget it, it seems to have gone now.

Nice job Cactuz! I've just posted a news bit about the new launch. Hopefully mod developers will see it and upload their creations :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

6 (edited by CSpotkill 2003-12-27 03:56)

Seems to be down now (at time of this posting). Below is the response my Microsoft ISA server gave me. Maybe my server cached the DNS (if it changed) or something ...

10060 - Connection timeout
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Background:
      When the server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, contacted the upstream content server, it did not receive a timely response.

Oh and btw, Kennel, I just love PunBB. It's great for modding to fit any website, since the code is relatively clean and easy to understand, with just the essential features. (I like adding my own Javascript extras, like buttons with dropdowns for writing posts, but it's great to have a clean slate to start with)

CSpotkill wrote:

Oh and btw, Kennel, I just love PunBB. It's great for modding to fit any website, since the code is relatively clean and easy to understand, with just the essential features. (I like adding my own Javascript extras, like buttons with dropdowns for writing posts, but it's great to have a clean slate to start with)

Cool! If you want to, you could make mods out of some of these changes. I know buttons for bbcode when posting (like in many other forum software) is a frequently requested feature.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

The site is online again smile

Kennel wrote:

Cool! If you want to, you could make mods out of some of these changes. I know buttons for bbcode when posting (like in many other forum software) is a frequently requested feature.

Yeah, I just saw the SDK. Maybe I will wink It's just that it's all intertwined with the rest of my site's design at the moment. So it might take me awhile to sort it all out and make a slightly stripped down mod-version ...

I'd wait a day or two though. PunBB 1.1 is practically finished.

11 (edited by CSpotkill 2003-12-30 11:01)

Kennel wrote:

I'd wait a day or two though. PunBB 1.1 is practically finished.

Yes. I noticed ...

I just bought a book on debugging (I'm doing programming of my own on the side) so I certainly know how tough it is to release a high quality piece of software.

Now, the $64,000 question: Will you give in to the pressure and work on it on New Years' Eve to make the "day or two" deadline? smile

Also, PunBB could use some themed-smilies, eg. blue smilies for the blue-hued themes. Hmm. That would be a quick mod, I'd say. But again, I'll wait 'till 1.1 first big_smile (Oh the suspense, I've been checking back for weeks now ... )