Re: The work continues

Updated. I have a few smaller items on my internal list on top of the ones on this list, but I'm optimistic :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Just 3 days left..

We're counting on you smile

Yes, the suspense is agonizing!

Updated. What remains now is to write a little documentation and to tweak a few smaller things. I was pleased to see that there were no issues what so ever with running 1.1 under PHP 4.1.0 and 5.0 beta 3. Things are looking good :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I have gave birth to a chocolate log... i never thought it would be so good...

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------
---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Let him get some sleep. Poor guy has an instruction manual to write in 39 different languages smile

Just one more thing left on the to-do list big_smile

Yeah, now the question is if I can find time to do the last thing today :)

No, the question is, can I hold my breath for long enough whilst this sniper rifle is in my hand smile

DO IT :x

It'll be tomorrow. I'm heading out now for the evening. Partyyyyyyyy!! :D

It's Puntastic. It's Punpostponed.

ps21 wrote:

It's Puntastic. It's Punpostponed.

Hehehe :D

I don't think I should do any programming in my current state :D

Oh my god! He got wasted!

Hang on - since when did a programmer ever have a social life? Was something good on TV?

alexz wrote:

Oh my god! He got wasted!

I'm not sure wasted is the appropriate term. I sure as hell wasn't sober though :)

JoeWesthead wrote:

Hang on - since when did a programmer ever have a social life? Was something good on TV?

Then again, I'm not your average programmer now am I? :D

I'm really sorry, but I very much doubt I will be able to finish the FAQ/readme tonight. I'll work as hard as I can, but I don't believe it will be done until tomorrow.

You owe us big_smile

69 (edited by CSpotkill 2004-01-02 08:28)

Kennel wrote:

... until tomorrow.

At this rate, it would be like winning the lotto if it was released tomorrow =p

Then again, maybe not. I'd give 7-to-1 odds he doesn't finish it tomorrow, just to do one last test or maybe a week-long spell check wink

Edit: Ooooh. I just noticed the version number for the forums now, it's Version: 1.1 ... talk about getting my hopes up! smile

Ah.. The first thing I noticed: "New posts" link, really nice feature smile

Yeh it's nice - could get difficult with a massive board, but we'll worry about that when we get to it big_smile

JoeWesthead wrote:

Yeh it's nice - could get difficult with a massive board, but we'll worry about that when we get to it :D

How is that?

Well if you choose to view all the posts since your last visit, and it's a busy board, then you're going to get a huge long list of new threads, which won't be as useful.

On a board this size I believe the feature is ideal, because most people will want to read each new post - but if there are thousands of posts a day, you're going to get lost in a list of threads that you've no interest in.

I know what I'm thinking, it's hard to explain smile

JoeWesthead wrote:

Well if you choose to view all the posts since your last visit, and it's a busy board, then you're going to get a huge long list of new threads, which won't be as useful.

On a board this size I believe the feature is ideal, because most people will want to read each new post - but if there are thousands of posts a day, you're going to get lost in a list of threads that you've no interest in.

I know what I'm thinking, it's hard to explain :)

I don't we're talking about the same thing here. It sounds as if you're talking about "Show new posts since last visit" and not "[ New posts ]".

The difference being?

I got lost in the [New Posts] thing halfway through it's thread in PunBB Discussions