Topic: Multiple Forums - 1 Users table

Gday,

I plan on setting up a few forums however I would like 1 users table shared between these.

I first thought Id just use 1 forum, and just select the categories I wanted the user to see in the index.php query, but you have the jump to menu, possibly other instances of showing all categories, plus a user could still input the forum id in the url, So I guess having multiple forums would be the way to go.

If anyone has a way of doing this, short of me destroying the fine code already written I'd love to hear it.

Cheers, James

Re: Multiple Forums - 1 Users table

You'll need to upload two copies of the files in the proper location. Then, add this hack to your database abstraction file for one of the forums. That way, they'll all be pointing to one user table
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=51879#p51879

Cheers, mate

Gday Just got around to doing it, it says,

$sql = ereg_replace($this->prefix ."users", "YOURTABLEusers", $sql);

It must be placed in line 76 of include/dblayers/mysql.php

the folder dblayers dosnt exist, im using the latest version of the forum, so im guessing its for a earlier version.

Any solutions?

Cheers, James

yes there is such a directory tongue keep looking its under include/dblayer/ not dblayers

Well I've made a complete fool out of myself, I was right thou the file isnt there, im using different software

Sorry all for wasting your time.

god damn!

Cheers, James

zemond wrote:

god damn!

You must pray for forgiveness and send a small donation to the church of Pun smile

I just sent 10 bucks, I wont be doing any praying but i hope that earns my forgivenes, i just brought someone lunch!

Cheers

You have been forgiven my son wink