Topic: Help with FAAQ questions

I'm gonna write a FAAQ (Frequently Asked and Anticipated Questions) for PunBB tomorrow. The document will be distributed with PunBB. I need some help coming up with good questions though. This is what I've come up with so far:

1. Sometimes usernames are underlined. Why?
2. I keep seeing messages like "Bad referer. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source.". How can I get rid of them?
3. How come I can't login with Internet Explorer 6?
4. Where do I grant a user moderator access to a certain forum?
5. How do I enable "DEBUG mode"?
6. I want to display information from the forums on my site front page. How can I do this?

I will gladly accept suggestions on more questions to include in the FAAQ.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Help with FAAQ questions

7. Why cant I upload avatars?

-I log in, and it says "Logged In Successfully, redirecting...", but then I still won't be logged in. Why?

JoeWesthead wrote:

-I log in, and it says "Logged In Successfully, redirecting...", but then I still won't be logged in. Why?

Isn't that the same as question 3 above?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Kennel wrote:

JoeWesthead wrote:

Isn't that the same as question 3 above?

Couldn't that happen with any browser if you had cookies turned off or if you were using a cookie killer of some kind?

Oh, the way you put it, you made it sound as if the problem was Internet Explorer.

The thing I was referring to was the framed redirect and cookie problem

- Why can I not include an image in the signature?

ps21 wrote:

Couldn't that happen with any browser if you had cookies turned off or if you were using a cookie killer of some kind?

If you have the knowledge to turn off cookies or to use a "cookie killer", I believe you will also understand that that might be the reason you can't login.

JoeWesthead wrote:

Oh, the way you put it, you made it sound as if the problem was Internet Explorer.

The thing I was referring to was the framed redirect and cookie problem

Well, the frame redirect domain issue only applies to Internet Explorer, so yes :)

ConnyT wrote:

- Why can I not include an image in the signature?

Yeah, but I'll probably do something more general about BBCode.

More! There must be more!

There is no more! tongue

Just release the damn thing! :x

I have to finish this damned FAQ first!