Re: PunBB 1.2.14

I was a little far behind as I was running 1.2.11 but just updated using hdiff and works great. Thanks.

52 (edited by foxmask 2006-10-22 15:59)

is it planned to have a full international "compliant" version ?

i mean without any messages in english in all call of the error function ie :

$result = $db->query('SELECT poster_ip FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts WHERE id='.$get_host) or error('Unable to fetch post IP address', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

replaced by

$result = $db->query('SELECT poster_ip FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts WHERE id='.$get_host) or error($lang_common_error['Unable To Fetch IP]', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

and create an English/error.php script that will contain all the error message

thus this will be better to make a complete language pack.

my 2 coins wink

if i want to update without reinstalling is there a place to go that tells what code is changed/added and where for me to just manually do it?

MikeRulez: Grab the hdiff from the downloads page.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

55 (edited by MikeRulez 2006-10-27 23:02)

thanks ill check that out. 1 thing i checked it and are the highlighted parts the things i need to copy then paste into my files as the change? or are they just to get me to the area the lines at.?

56 (edited by foxmask 2006-10-28 07:10)

MikeRulez wrote:

thanks ill check that out. 1 thing i checked it and are the highlighted parts the things i need to copy then paste into my files as the change? or are they just to get me to the area the lines at.?

see comment #54 tongue

57 (edited by neofutur 2006-10-28 18:12)

MyBestBB ( punbb 1.2.* premod version with 16 mods ) updated to 1.2.14

This update was bigger than previous patches, but seems to be well integrated
( see complete diff here : http://trac.ww7.be/trac.ww7.be/changeset/11 , comments welcome )

thegleek wrote:
elbekko wrote:

You need to change it in your database. It's in the config table.

the real easy simple sql command to do that is:

update config set conf_value='1.2.14' where conf_name='o_cur_version';

I tried this in phpMyAdmin, and it worked (the value of the cell is "1.2.12"), but when I look under Statistics in my Administration it still says "1.2.13"...

@Fabiaan: try deleting the files in your PunBB installation's cache folder.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Thanks for the update !!!

I have seen that in some table (like prefix_posts),

message TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

has been changed with

message TEXT,

I guess modification should also be brought to the database, meaning changing NOT NULL to NULL (using Phpmyadmin) or can I just leave the databases as it is ???

Thanks

You can leave it as it is. The change was to allow install on MySQL 5.0.25 and later.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Any changes in the arabic languge folder ?

nope

Thanks! PunBB.. this is great forum software, moved smf -> PunBB last night smile

65 (edited by kenjoy 2006-12-02 17:08)

Rickard wrote:

As some of you might have noticed, I didn't update the copyright notice to include the year 2006 because that would affect all scripts (the GPL preamble) and make the diff's huge. It'll be in 1.3.

This means the punbb will change to copyrighted application in the next 1.4 version?

http://iventor.org
Open Collaboration and Sharing

kenjoy wrote:
Rickard wrote:

As some of you might have noticed, I didn't update the copyright notice to include the year 2006 because that would affect all scripts (the GPL preamble) and make the diff's huge. It'll be in 1.3.

This means the punbb will change to copyrighted application in the next 1.4 version?

What? tongue
Rickard has always been (and still is) the copyright holder for PunBB. PunBB is released under the GPL and there aren't any plans to change that. The sentence you quoted is simply talking about updating the copyright in the GPL preamble to reflect the current year. There's no change occuring, the copyright notice is simply going to be kept properly up to date smile

67 (edited by kenjoy 2006-12-02 21:35)

ok, i get it, sorry for misunderstanding.. smile
btw, i still have mod rewrite problem for punbb, could you feel free to help? the below is the problem:

1). I have enabled mod rewrite on my host, how to open rewrite function for punbb, seems like we need edit some files, not only .htaccess. smile

2). it it  possible to rewrite whole punbb site like as the below:

linux.abc.com/viewforum.php?id=1

rewrite to:

linux.abc.com/c1

and

linux.abc.com/viewtopic.php?id=1

rewrite to

linux.ab.com/cmd/1.html

wait ur message. thanks.

1. 1.3 will have SEF URLs built in. For 1.2, you need to use a mod (check out PunRes)
2. With the right mod_rewrite rules it should be

In any case, if you have any more questions, it would be great if you could create a new topic for them smile

good suggestions, there's more resources on PunRes. thanks a alot. smile

Smartys wrote:

1. 1.3 will have SEF URLs built in. For 1.2, you need to use a mod (check out PunRes)
2. With the right mod_rewrite rules it should be

In any case, if you have any more questions, it would be great if you could create a new topic for them smile

70 (edited by gil 2006-12-03 14:02)

About documentation, the http://punbb.org/docs/install.html is not up to date :
There are several "1.2.12" in place of "1.2.14" (and a "12_to_1212_update.php" of course).
Sorry to only discover serious problems wink

(note; the install.html file in 1.2.14 zip package is OK)

gil wrote:

About documentation, the http://punbb.org/docs/install.html is not up to date :
There are several "1.2.12" in place of "1.2.14" (and a "12_to_1212_update.php" of course).
Sorry to only discover serious problems wink

(note; the install.html file in 1.2.14 zip package is OK)

Updated. I must have forgotten it. Thanks.

72 (edited by duffry 2006-12-06 22:08)

Quick thanks and a little issue (not in that order)...

The changelog link on the downloads page is broken.

Big buckets of thanks.
d

[edit] Ooh - where can I find the Hdiff for 1.2.12 - 1.2.13?
[edit2]nm, 'guessed' the url - is there a history link somewhere that I missed? Would it be worth having or am I slower than the average bear?
wink

duffry wrote:

Quick thanks and a little issue (not in that order)...

The changelog link on the downloads page is broken.

Thanks. Fixed.

duffry wrote:

[edit] Ooh - where can I find the Hdiff for 1.2.12 - 1.2.13?
[edit2]nm, 'guessed' the url - is there a history link somewhere that I missed? Would it be worth having or am I slower than the average bear?
wink

Well, kinda. There's link at the top of the downloads page to the "Download archive" where you can find the hdiff folder.

74 (edited by fakhrudin 2007-01-09 11:33)

Good To Know Punbb Has Reached 1.2.14 now waiting to see 1.3

Thanks for explainig. I solved my problem with this. big_smile