Re: Most evil technology on the web?

Enemy wrote:

what do you mean by slow? Like in any other language or thechnology anyone can write "slow" code, an infinite loop or a very heavy function that will waste systen resources, that doesn't mean that AVM is slow, look at one of my previous posts,

part of code from Flash AVM will  be used  to make JS in FireFox *faster*.

Well, most things load as slow as possible as far as I can tell, and flash takes up unessecary time.
I could've loaded the page 100 times over, and still had time left, and had everything the flash gave with ajax. I mean, some flash is good: http://nighttowers.com/ a canadian friend did that, and although good, I only use the lofi version. Its much faster and it gets me where I want, and I don't have unnessecary load times and transitions. I'm not there for the stunning graphics.

I'm there for the content.

There is no bad technology !! There is however the bad and/or evil implementation of it ....

1 - Javascript
2 - Flash
3 - Java

Javascript is on top of my list couse it is abused the most to do *evil* or just stupid things.

Flash, euh simply couse I never been able to find a desend use for it and it is not sopported on all systems. Aldo I can understand how some people like it // fun to *play* with....

Java, simply does not have a place on a websites if you ask me. We are talking about websites right couse it is great stuff for for cross platform applications/games ...

Rahvin wrote:

Well, most things load as slow as possible as far as I can tell, and flash takes up unessecary time.
I could've loaded the page 100 times over, and still had time left, and had everything the flash gave with ajax. I mean, some flash is good: http://nighttowers.com/ a canadian friend did that, and although good, I only use the lofi version. Its much faster and it gets me where I want, and I don't have unnessecary load times and transitions. I'm not there for the stunning graphics.

7 clicks in to the flash app I got a error *unable to connect to db* so then what ? back button does not work, no link to click to go back or further, lowfi and start from scratch agen ? ... euh don't think so .... lets click the close button and look for a site that has easy to find (aka searche function of the browser/google works) and bookmark/coppy::past the info ....

downliner wrote:

My vote has to go for this lovely mouse cursor:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde … strail.htm

I add it to all of my clients websites but for some reason they dont approve tongue

I like the one where alien spacecraft hover around and shoot lasers at your mouse better. big_smile I remember dreaming of having something that great on my web page in my younger years.

I checked on it but the script doesn't seem to work in Firefox. sad

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

pogenwurst wrote:

I like the one where alien spacecraft hover around and shoot lasers at your mouse better. big_smile I remember dreaming of having something that great on my web page in my younger years.

I checked on it but the script doesn't seem to work in Firefox. sad

That sounds awesome lol. Im off to look for it now.....