Topic: 1.1 Pre-release

I've uploaded what I hope will be 1.1 to the download directory. It would be great if some you could download it and give it a go. If no showstopping bugs are discovered today, I'll update the front page until later today/tonight.

Please report any problems or general impressions in this topic.

Also, please take time to read the FAQ included in the package. It took some time to write :)

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot. Make backups! :D It's not that I feel generally unsure about the quality of the code. It's just that I feel I've been somewhat pressured lately (not only by you guys) and I honestly haven't had much time to test the update script.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: 1.1 Pre-release

I've found one small bug. Open up header.php and locate:

header('Expired: Thu, 21 Jul 1977 07:30:00 GMT');    // When yours truly first set eyes on this world! :)

Replace it with:

header('Expires: Thu, 21 Jul 1977 07:30:00 GMT');    // When yours truly first set eyes on this world! :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by ps21 2004-01-02 17:23)

Punperfect (so far) smile - Clean install not upgrade.

The revised and updated skinning guide will be available soon. I will include information for versions 1.01 and 1.1 of PunBB so the old version of the skinning guide can be scrapped completely.

I've made new versions of PunPoll and RealViews also, just download them from PunResource

5 (edited by chacmool 2004-01-02 17:33)

I've found an error in the update-files:

$db->query('UPDATE users SET last_visit='.$now.', last_action='.$now) or error('Unable to update user data.', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

There is a "$db_prefix" missing there... change to:

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db_prefix.'users SET last_visit='.$now.', last_action='.$now) or error('Unable to update user data.', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Error: Unable to fetch ban list.

And now, what should I do?

chacmool wrote:

$db->query('UPDATE users SET last_visit='.$now.', last_action='.$now) or error('Unable to update user data.', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

There is a "$db_prefix" missing there...

Where should I write in that line?  I have the same problem:

An error was encountered
File: 10_to_11_update.php
Line: 90

PunBB reported: Unable to create table forum_'config'. Please check your settings and try again.
Database reported: Table 'forum_config' already exists (Errno: 1050)

alexz wrote:

Where should I write in that line?  I have the same problem:

See my post again, updated it now.

9 (edited by alexz 2004-01-02 17:40)

PunBB reported: Unable to update user data.
Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' last_action=' at line 1 (Errno: 1064)

Check what? *alexz goes mad*

edit: line: 90  Still...

I can shortly say that 10_to_11_update.php does not work correctly, that one you gave us.

alexz wrote:

chacmool wrote:

There is a "$db_prefix" missing there... change to:

Thanks. I'll fix it.

alexz wrote:

Did you get an error message when running the update script? In that case, what was the error message?

I've updated the archives (fixed the to the two bugs).

Edit: Since I have now made changes to the project in the year 2004, I changed the copyright notices to include 2004 as well. The years in the copyright notice state the years under which different releases of the product were finished.

So, whats the verdict? Should I post it to the front page now?

14 (edited by Elijah 2004-01-03 02:53)

Should I post it to the front page now?

Today I did a fresh install of PunBB 1.1 and have installed Mod PunPoll 1.1.3 with no problems. I vote yes! wink

I really like the new layout of the User List. smile

Thank You for all the work you put into PunBB! :thumbs up:

[Edit] Instead of:  Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004 Rickard Andersson
Can I just put: Copyright 2002-2004 Rickard Andersson ?[/Edit]
Elijah

Elijah wrote:

Today I did a fresh install of PunBB 1.1 and have installed Mod PunPoll 1.1.3 with no problems. I vote yes! ;)

Ok, I'll take your word for it. It'll be up within the hour :)

Elijah wrote:

I really like the new layout of the User List. :)

Thanks. I had to redo it a little. It used to have "alphabet links" to show all users with usernames starting with A, B, C etc. However, it turned out that it was basically impossible to generate those links in PHP with more "exotic" languages like chinese and hebrew. So, I redesigned it a bit. I'm glad you like it :)

Elijah wrote:

[Edit]Instead of:  Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004 Rickard Andersson
Can I just put: Copyright 2002-2004 Rickard Andersson ?[/Edit]
Elijah

Sure. Actually, I think I'm gonna do that in the release as well. The GPL doesn't allow it, but the copyright in the footer isn't as "formal" as the one in the source.

It looks like it'll have to wait until I wake up tomorrow. How the hell can it be 5.37 AM already? :/

Time flys when your having fun... im just uploading all the files then i'll upgrade smile

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------
---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Maybe you would have the opportunity to choose between more pagenumbers in the userlist. Otherwise I think there could be a lot clicking to get to the correct page if you have very much users. Isn't there enough space down there for more numbers? Just a thought. (sorry for my bad english)

When I try to update:

PunBB reported: Unable to create table forum_'config'. Please check your settings and try again.
Database reported: Table 'forum_config' already exists (Errno: 1050)

When I go to the index.php

spetero wrote:

Maybe you would have the opportunity to choose between more pagenumbers in the userlist. Otherwise I think there could be a lot clicking to get to the correct page if you have very much users. Isn't there enough space down there for more numbers? Just a thought. (sorry for my bad english)

Maybe. I'll give it some thought.

alexz: Ok, here goes:

1. That error occurs when you try to run the update script more than once. You probably ran it before, but it didn't finish thanks to the bug that chacmool pointed out. What you have to do is to restore your database to the way it was before you ran the update and run it again (download the update again to be sure).

2. The error "Unable to fetch ban list" is more of a mystery. I'm not quite sure why that error pops up. Anyway, hopefully it will not occur once you've completed the update process.

I've updated the front page now. Post any further impressions or problem reports to this topic instead.