Topic: Upload signature pics?

Right now, I have the img tag enabled in the sig area, which I'm uncomfortable with, since I have no control over the size of the pics. I would like it better if users had to upload their sig pics to my server, so that I could have size limits on them. I was looking around and the latest attachment mod seems like too much for what I need. A quick search found this other one, called UploadMod, which seems more my speed. But I still wouldn't be able to mold it to my needs myself. Anyone willing to take a stab at it?

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell
it's the song I hate, it's the song I hate

Re: Upload signature pics?

I moved this to the mod forum since it's a not a feature request per se.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by Zeke 2005-05-04 16:22)

Well, it sort of was, but yeah, I won't complain.

Now I'm thinking about using the existing code for avatars, and move the code for displaying it to the sig area. I'll put different size restrictions on (prolly 400x60 & 40kb), and rename every instance where the user sees 'avatar.' Are there any problems I'll run into or should it go smoothly?

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell

i'm sorry if i pull this topic out again. so are there any mods for restrict the image size for signature?

so many members of my forum requests to have image on the sig, since i'm disabling it when i change from phpBB to punBB. While on phpBB we can restrict the image size via admin panel. Anyone interesting to make the same? smile

thank you.

regards,

Soyuz

I suppose you could edit the parser to include something like this in the image tag:

style="MAX-WIDTH: 400px; MAX-HEIGHT: 60px"

AFAIK it wouldn't work in IE6 with Javascript disabled however, because minmax.js is what gets MAX- to work in IE.

If you want to control the file size, however, that would be more complicated and there wouldn't be much of an effective solution, unless you do as suggested above and allow users to upload signatures. No mod of this nature currently exists.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

FWIW, I did what my second post in this topic sez, and it worked OK, but I eventually overwrote the changes upgrading.

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell

i see. i think that would be difficult to me. I don't understand anything about php smile

regards,

Soyuz