Topic: Help

I have a small problem, I only want the part below to be a diffrent color of links, how do I do that with out changing the color of all the links using CSS. Thank you.

Show new posts since last visit
Show unanswered posts
Show your posts
Mark all forums as read

Re: Help

Have a look at row 49 through 58 in file footer.php. There you will find the <a> tags for the links. To change the color, simply add a style attribute. Row 49 could look like this:

echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<a style="color: #FF0000" href="search.php?action=show_new">'.$lang_common['Show new posts'].'</a><br>'."\n";

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I tried what you said but I came across two problems. One of them is it changes all the links on that page to that color for some reason. Secondly it only changes the footer on that page, not other pages; but this doesn?t bother me so much. Please help.

This is the CSS im trying to insert:

<STYLE type=text/css>
a:link {color: black; text-decoration: blink; background: #DEDFDF; }
a:visited {color: #000000; text-decoration: blink; background: #EEEEEE; }
a:active {color: #000000; text-decoration: blink; text-transform: inherited; background: #EEEEEE; }
a:hover {color: black; text-decoration: blink; background: #DEDFDF; }
</STYLE>

Well, by importing that CSS, you are altering how all the links look. You should use the style attribute as I showed you above or create new CSS classes for your links in the css-files in style/.

If you want to change all links that appear in the footer, you just have to change the other <a> tags in footer.php as well.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."