1 (edited by Dan_y2k 2006-12-24 11:24)

Topic: 2 things.

I'm running PunBB 1.2.14, and I noticed that in the end of the installation, there's a tag missing: ?>

Where it says to upload config file, it forgot to use the tag.

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = '';
$db_username = '';
$db_password = '';
$db_prefix = '';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '';

define('PUN', 1);

Here there should be a ?>. Please fix this.

And one more thing. I'm translating PunBB into Hebrew (I've done it before), and I want to know: Where are the admin skin files? I wish that the Admin CP will remain LTR, since it doesn't have any language files.

Where can I do that? Or PunBB team can make it in the next version (Admin CP is LTR by default, and can't be changed through the Language files)?

Thanks for the reply!

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

Re: 2 things.

Also, can you please set:

lang[$right] = right
lang[$left] = left

?

So if I want it aligned correctly into Hebrew, I can set it into Hebrew align, and I need it to also effect on CSS.
Is this can be done?

Thanks!

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

The ?> tag at the end of the config file isn't needed, so no bug. And the admin panel will be using language files in 1.3.

4 (edited by Dan_y2k 2006-12-24 12:43)

Ok, so for now at least, how can I set that the Admin CP will be LTR'd, and set the Right and Left aligns through the Language files?

And how can I fix the template? It's messed up here:
http://punbbheb.il-il.com/community/viewtopic.php?id=1

(note that the post subject is also far away to the left...)

Please help me fix the skin.

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

Hrmm, I'm sure there is a mod that fixes it, but I can't seem to find it atm. Search a bit I'd say!

Found it!
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5272

Well, I don't have any options, so, what I'm going to do is, release PunBBHeb with this mod.

If the PunBB team can use this mod, and put it in the original release of PunBB, so that PunBB will fully support both RTL and LTR directions, that'll be great!

It'll save me a lot of effort!

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

Moved to Feature Requests
This sounds like it would be a wonderful extension for 1.3 smile

Extension? I think this should be a built-in feature within PunBB... But if you have to do it as extension, that'll be fine too.

Thanks.

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

Dan_y2k wrote:

Extension? I think this should be a built-in feature within PunBB... But if you have to do it as extension, that'll be fine too.

Thanks.

The only issue I have with it as a feature is that PunBB by default would never make use of it. PunBB comes with English and most languages are LTR. For the number of people who would use RTL stylesheets, there are far more who would never take advantage of the feature.
Plus, extensions are going to be one-click installs: I don't think that's too bad tongue

pfft 1 click installations are a gift from god.

Smartys wrote:
Dan_y2k wrote:

Thanks.

The only issue I have with it as a feature is that PunBB by default would never make use of it. PunBB comes with English and most languages are LTR. For the number of people who would use RTL stylesheets, there are far more who would never take advantage of the feature.
Plus, extensions are going to be one-click installs: I don't think that's too bad tongue

Well, fine...
But I want that the whole extension will be updated every time that PunBB will be updated (new releases).

Can you do that? Thanks!

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.

No, the extension developer should do that.

I hope he will. Thanks.

Regards,
Dan,
PunBB Hebrew translator.