Topic: Warning: newbie

Greetings!

I apologize in advance for the basic nature of my question...

I am involved with a group who uses this software as a forum and I am impressed by it.  I am also a member of another group who would like to implement it and I need a push in the right direction.  I have downloaded the zip file of the latest version, but I can't seem to find the documentation on what to do next to embed it into our site.  Can somebody put me on the right track?  I am not a programmer, but a fairly educated amatuer - does one need to be a hard core programmer to be able to implement this?  Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Best,
Jennifer

Re: Warning: newbie

What do you mean in terms of embedding? Just installing? Making a style that fits into the rest of your site? Integrating accounts from another system?

I mean, how do I make there be a forum when the URL of our website is typed in.  So, "how do I use this software?"

Thank you!
Jennifer

Firstly, you upload the contents of the upload folder through FTP to the directory you wish your forum to be in.
Then you go to install.php through your web browser. Enter the details of your database account on that page (and configure the admin user).
Be sure to have created a database for the forum if you already haven't.

After that, everything is pretty much explained smile

http://punbb.org/docs/install.html