Topic: Install issues!?

After running the install script without a hitch I ran into the problem

I got an error message saying...
File: /www/htdocs/forum/include/functions.php
Line: 75
PunBB reported: Unable to update user visit data
Database reported: Unknown column "last_visit" in "field list" (Errno: 1054)

As the code did not look to be crucial to running PunBB, I commented out the lines that were causing trouble with the intent of returning and fixing it later.  After commenting the code out I got this error:

File: /www/htdocs/forum/index.pphp
Line: 59
PunBB reported: Unable to fetch category/forum list
Database reported: Unknown column "f.id" in "field list" (Errno: 1054)

I'm not a mysql expert or even a php wiz.  Does the install script not create all the tables that I need to run PunBB?

I hope this question has not been asked before as I searched the forum for about an hour before posting.  I know there have been similar problems, but none of the answers seemed to work for my particular problem.

Thanks in advance.

-ph0kus

Re: Install issues!?

Oh, I don't know if it helps or not.  However, I just tried viewing index.php from another computer on my home network and I got a different error then the one that I see when I view from localhost.

File: /www/htdocs/forum/include/functions.php
Line: 114

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch ban list
Database reported: Unknown column 'message' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054)

Yes, the install script should definately create all necessary tables and columns. I really can't tell from here what might be wrong. It almost looks as if you have a database layout from PunBB 1.0/1.0.1 and is trying to run the scripts from 1.1. Are you sure you didn't upgrade from an older version or something?

Something that would help in tracking down the problem is a dump of the database structure. You can export such a dump in tools such as phpMyAdmin and MySQL Control Center (if you have access to them). Just post it here and we'll have some more info to go on.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

4 (edited by ph0kus 2004-01-07 01:23)

Thanks Kennel.  You were correct.  I had an old version of WWW Board within the database that was interfering.  I cleared all the tables and its works great.

This is one of the best products I have used in a long time.  I'm very impressed with the support you and your team offer.  Thank you so much for your quick response...

Go PunBB!!!

ph0kus wrote:

This is one of the best products I have used in a long time.  I'm very impressed with the support you and your team offer.  Thank you so much for your quick response...

Go PunBB!!!

It's at times like this you want a smiley that's blushing :)

Edit: Found one! http://www.lcgl.lu/forum/html/emoticons/blush.gif

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."