Topic: Internal Server Error with 1.2.14 when Changing Users' Group

When changing the user group for a user on a default install of 1.2.14 I immediately get an Internal Server Error. Unfortunately, I can't provide the relevant error_log, as the host I'm using does not provide it. With a little bit of testing, though, I narrowed down the problem to profile.php, line 1496:

<form id="profile7" method="post" action="profile.php?section=admin&id=<?php echo $id ?>&action=foo">

For some reason, the "action=foo" is causing the ISE. When I change it to anything else (I used 'noaction'), it functions properly. This doesn't seem to occur on any other page that uses "action=foo", and I can't even reproduce it on my local machine.

It's entirely possible this is just a peculiarity of the configuration of the host I'm using, and not an actual bug/problem with punBB, but I figured I should post this, regardless.

Re: Internal Server Error with 1.2.14 when Changing Users' Group

Moved to Troubleshooting
Sounds to me like a mod_security issue. Ask your host to update their mod_security rule smile

This is caused by Mod_Security. You can disable Mod_Security by creating a .htaccess file with the following content.

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

highs wrote:

This is caused by Mod_Security. You can disable Mod_Security by creating a .htaccess file with the following content.

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

This topic is 1 year old.

Yeah, However search engines dont care. Its always usefull to have a solution, that way when people search for it, they have an answer. wink

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Utchin's right.

Many thanks to highs.

Carpe diem