Topic: .htaccess issue in PunBB 1.3

I have PunBB 1.3 (SVN version 761) installed on my server for testing purposes; however it seems as though the .htaccess that is included for the 'pretty URL's' is having some issues on my server as when it is enabled I get an internal server error when trying to access the PunBB directive.

Has anyone else had any issues with this?

I use the rewrite engine myself, and haven't experienced such issues so I'm clueless as far as to why it's freaking out.

Re: .htaccess issue in PunBB 1.3

I'm not sure that we want people to report 1.3 bugs yet, however... could you give us some server details? most importantly what version of apache?

Moved to PunBB Discussion since we're not accepting Bug Reports for 1.3

Connorhd wrote:

I'm not sure that we want people to report 1.3 bugs yet, however... could you give us some server details? most importantly what version of apache?

Apache 1.3.34 (Unix) & PHP 4.3.11

as for reporting 1.3 bugs, I was unsure of it but I figured I'd put it out there just encase.

Did you copy the .htaccess file from the extras folder?

guardian34 wrote:

Did you copy the .htaccess file from the extras folder?

Yes.

The current PunBB 1.3 .htaccess seems to have some issues with 1.3.x Apache versions.

helter: Check error.log, paste the error you're getting

Smartys wrote:

helter: Check error.log, paste the error you're getting

[Sun Jan 14 10:21:32 2007] [alert] .htaccess: RewriteRule: cannot compile regular expression '^(change|delete|upload)[/_-]?(email|pass|avatar)(?:word)?[/_-]?([0-9]+)(?:\\.html?|/)?$'\n

I think it'll probably work with any ?: removed and the backreference numbers changed to compensate, i'll look into it

Probably, yes. It's the same issue as this: http://dev.punbb.org/changeset/661

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."