Topic: Database help.

I recently had a hosting problem, in which they suspended my domains, and everything was messed up after that. Anyway, I had the databases restored, but the original config.php was lost in the confusion. I still have the original DB intact, is there a way to regenerate a config for it?

I tried reinstalling it with a different DB and then change the info in the config to match what I had before, but I got an error stating something about the Guest info could not be parsed or something like that.

As of now I have a new installation of it. But getting the old one back working would be fantastic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Database help.

If both your old installation and new installation are located in the same database, just open your config.php and change the db_prefix to that of your old one.

If they are on different databases, either modify your config.php on your new install to the db details of the old one or:

Export your old database.
Empty the new database
Import the old database
Modify config.php to reflect any changes with the db_prefix.

If you only have the backup, import it after emptying the database of your new installation and modify config.php as necessary.

Christopher Clarke

Blog / dA / MySpace / Facebook / GAIA

Twisted Legacy  - great community

Re: Database help.

Thanks! Got it all working again.