1 (edited by bobamatics 2004-01-07 07:42)

Topic: General problems.

1. Upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.1 didn't work. After copying 10_to_11_update.php to the forum root directory and running it, all I got was "This file needs to be run from the root directory". I deleted all the tables and installed without upgrading instead. Problem solved.

2. What does this mean: "Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 502 is not allowed to access /proc/loadavg owned by uid 0 in /home/virtual/bodymodification.se/public_html/forum/admin_index.php on line 70"? Server based problem? Only shows up in admin area as well.

Edit: Ok, learned that his had to do with the webhotel running PHP in safe mode.

3. I've "installed" the Swedish language pack but still the admin area is all in English. Why?

Apart from this, wonderful forum as said before :)

2 (edited by Cactuz 2004-01-08 20:57)

Re: General problems.

3. The Admin don't uses language packs, most admins know english.

I'm sure we could have solved the upgrade problem for you, but it's too late now isn't it? :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Most probably, but I didn't get a reply for some hours and had nothing else to do smile

In regards to the language packs not taking effect in the admin area, the fact that "most admins know English" isn't really a valid reason in my opinion. But at least I got an answer.

bobamatics wrote:

In regards to the language packs not taking effect in the admin area, the fact that "most admins know English" isn't really a valid reason in my opinion. But at least I got an answer.

I agree that it is not a valid reason. However, I just don't consider the time it would take to translate the admin area worth it. That, and the fact that most people capable of downloading and installing PunBB do understand written english, makes me very hesistant to go ahead and translate it all. Believe it or not, but it is actually a quite boring and time consuming task :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

6 (edited by bobamatics 2004-01-09 04:42)

I understand, and yes, the people who are going to administrate this specific forum hopefully do know English good enough to administer it in said language. I merely got the question from the guy I installed it for :)