Topic: UBB.threads and UBB.classic forum converter

I've been about to do a converter from UBB.threads several times now. Though, every time I try I just stop where I'm about to download the forum software and install it. Installation goes smooth, but then I'm getting problems with their stupid "Disabled in Demo version" buttons! I can't even get an example forum to show properly... *sigh* I hate non free forums so much!!!

Could someone be nice to send me a database-sql-dump for me to test the converter on? I've got a clean database installation, but it's much easier with real user/topic/.../posts data to test it on.

Also, does someone know the difference between UBB.threads and UBB.classic?

Over and out.
Chacmool

Re: UBB.threads and UBB.classic forum converter

As far as I know, UBB.classic was the old school forum software, where everything was stored in bizarro text-files, and static HTML files were generated from that. I built a UBB 5.x to phpBB converter that does most of the text parsing. If you wanted a copy of that let me know, and I'll try to dig up my most recent workings (the one on my website is fairly old).

Hard work may not kill you, but why take chances?

I would love to get my hands on the UBB 5.x to phpBB converter.  I am looking to move my old UBB thread forum to Getvanilla, and I have been suggested to find a converter of this nature.  Would it be possible for me to receive this converter you built?

niravs wrote:

I would love to get my hands on the UBB 5.x to phpBB converter.  I am looking to move my old UBB thread forum to Getvanilla, and I have been suggested to find a converter of this nature.  Would it be possible for me to receive this converter you built?

Made some work today, but it's far from done.

I've sent you an email about it.

Any more progress on a working UBB.threads converter? I can certainly send you anything you need regarding ubb.threads files.

UBB.Classic is PERL with no database.
UBB.Threads is PHP with mySQL database.

Chacmool,

I just sent you a sql dump from UBB.threads.

7 (edited by stephencassidy 2007-01-30 09:14)

Hi all, we use UBB.classic at work and are looking to convert to punbb, do any of you still have the scripts/tools to enable me to do the conversion?

Many thanks

Stephen

I never received a script to convert directly to punbb so what I ended up doing was convert UBB.threads to phpBB and then convert phpBB to punBB. That turned out well but was the process was a pain.