1 (edited by ataylor 2004-01-09 22:32)

Topic: Announcement feature - bbcode and smilies

Any chance of enabling bbcode and/or smilies instead of HTML in the new Announcement feature? Or options to enable any of the three in the admin panel?

Re: Announcement feature - bbcode and smilies

Well, I guess it's possible. I don't perticularily like the idea of allowing both HTML and BBCode though. If you want the field to be HTML, then a regular line break \n should not be converted into <br />. However, if the field can contain BBCode, it feels more like a regular post and then the forum should convert line breaks into <br />.

But, if you want to do it yourself, it's quite easy. If you want to, I can describe how.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes please smile

I'm at school now, but give me a minute.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

OK no problem... take as much time as you like smile

Open up header.php, goto line 185 (after "ob_start();"). Insert:

include_once $pun_root.'include/parser.php';

Then a few line down, replace

<?php echo $pun_config['o_announcement_message'] ?><br><br>

with

<?php echo parse_message($pun_config['o_announcement_message'], 1) ?><br><br>

Then, you have to search all files for the string:

require $pun_root.'include/parser.php';

and replace it with

require_once $pun_root.'include/parser.php';

The files you need to search in are delete.php, edit.php, help.php, moderate.php, post.php (2 places), profile.php (2 places) and viewtopic.php.

It was a bit more tedious than I had first expected, but I'm sure you can handle it :)

Thankyou very much smile I've had more tedious code editing than this wink