Topic: Requests...

- When a user is banned from the forum you should be able to choose whether or not the user in quetion should be able to view/read the forums. Or have an admin option where the admin can choose whether or not banned users should be able to view/read the forums.

- Some kind of "select all" function for moderator rights in profile.php (right now you haveto click all the forums if they are to moderate all the forums.

Re: Requests...

- What would a ban do then? Simply for forbid posting? My take is that a ban is for removing people from the site: move the user into a "Troublesome Users" group if they need to lose posting permissions
- No matter how many forums you have, how often are you setting/unsetting people as moderator?

- Well yes, forbid posting. You can't put specific IP addresses intodifferent groups - otherwise that would be a solution. I simply don't see why a spamming user shouldn't be allowed to at least read the forums. If they can they won't feel as big need to get a new IP/user and start spamming again.

- Of course I don't set people to moderaor status every day, but when I do: clicking 25 boxes isn't anything I like to do.

Madoor wrote:

- Well yes, forbid posting. You can't put specific IP addresses intodifferent groups - otherwise that would be a solution. I simply don't see why a spamming user shouldn't be allowed to at least read the forums. If they can they won't feel as big need to get a new IP/user and start spamming again.

Fair enough: I wasn't thinking about non logged in users.
Of course, most non logged in spammers are spam bots and not real people