Topic: Migration tool not working, manual method maybe?

I just recently came across PunBB and after some checking, decided it would be the perfect replacement for my existing phpBB board. I've installed the new board correctly and everythings up and running. However, when it came time to migrate over from phpBB, things broke. Trying to use the converter tool gave this error right at the beginning:

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

The server is Microsoft-IIS/6.0, php version is 4.4.2 and I'm using the most recent PunBB version 1.2.14. I read in other posts that IIS is the possible reason for the trouble, but unfortunately I can't change that. So, is there any other solution, like through phpmyadmin? (although I'd rather not do it that way wink )

I really would like to start using PunBB. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Re: Migration tool not working, manual method maybe?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as … -US;884764 perhaps?

That DOES look like a potential solution, with one exception: I have no access to the server. So now are my options none? I appreciate the quick response.

4 (edited by bluefalcon 2007-02-09 16:27)

So, as it appears the tool can't work with my server for whatever reason (appears to be the migration tools' index page) is there a way I can manually invoke the conversion? If not, I guess PunBB won't be an option. sad