Topic: A little bit of that and a little bit of that

It has been requested that we as developers be better at communicating what we're working on and how things are progressing. For this purpose, we have setup a developers blog. You can reach it at blog.punbb.org. We hope that those of you who are interested in the more technical aspects of PunBB participate in the discussion by leaving comments.

You can follow the progression of PunBB at the source code level at dev.punbb.org. Of particular interest is the timeline which lists all changes we make.

If you want to get a glimpse at how the current state of PunBB 1.3 looks when it is installed, head on over to punbb.org/docs/screens/. Bert was kind enough to grab some shots of a PunBB 1.3 install.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: A little bit of that and a little bit of that

Cool big_smile

Richard you ar the best big_smile
And Richard when is punbb.1.3 done?

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!

grudon66 wrote:

Richard you ar the best big_smile

It was Connor's idea, so it's him you should be praising wink

grudon66 wrote:

When it has all the features and improvements that are planned.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

very nice - 1 central page for the official gossip on PunBB development.

6 (edited by FSX 2007-02-12 18:12)

I can't wait! When will it be released? About 3 or 4 months?

FSX wrote:

I can't wait! When will it be released? About 3 or 4 months?

Rickard wrote:
grudon66 wrote:

When it has all the features and improvements that are planned.

if you were able to locate the search feature on these forums and searched on 1.3 you'd see its been in the works for a long time, so don't ask for a time line.

Look at the tickets and keep an eye on the timeline.

Thanks everybody in the devteam, this is what I always wanted! (Except for 1.3, of course)

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

Why cant we have punbb 1.2.14 mods to 1.3SVN?

Some parts of 1.3 may work or look differently than 1.2.

A blog! I just realized that you're missing a comma after "unfortunately", too (from the 1.3 pics) -_-

Check Maid maid service

CReatiVe4w3 wrote:

A blog! I just realized that you're missing a comma after "unfortunately", too (from the 1.3 pics) -_-

Off topic: Isn't your comma misplaced? (j/k)

How can i install a extension?

grudon66 wrote:

How can i install a extension?

1.3 has not been released, there are no extensions, and we are not supporting it.

16 (edited by grudon66 2007-02-15 15:33)

I mean 1.3SVN Connor! -_ - http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i139/grudon66/Utennavn-16.jpg

1.3SVN is not a release, there are no extensions and we are not supporting it. Please stop posting pictures of it, there is already a picture gallery online.

Paul wrote:

1.3SVN is not a release, there are no extensions and we are not supporting it. Please stop posting pictures of it, there is already a picture gallery online.

Ok... I now it is not a relaease one: I dont have said i is a release and i now it isent!  Two: i now it is galery online i am not a idiot.

grudon66 wrote:
Paul wrote:

Ok... I now it is not a relaease one: I dont have said i is a release and i now it isent!  Two: i now it is galery online i am not a idiot.

We know exactly the situation you are in... we aren't idiots either, but as you have been told, we are not supporting 1.3.

grudon66 wrote:

Two: i now it is galery online i am not a idiot.

Hey, you got your local server going, that's good news.

Great news, it's really interesting to know what are you guys doing big_smile

hi all,
       I really liked the screenies put up by Bert, there are only 2 issues, where is Bert here, I'm not able to locate Bert Garcia here sad & secondly if he can add couple of more screenies of the search feature, I'm just a user of this board at couple of forums & make quite extensive use of the search feature. The feature is author search with time something like 'shirish' & all posts made within 1 week or 2 weeks something like tht. I'm sure it's on the table as it would be one of the more often requested features. Anyway, Bert if u can put up couple of screenies for tht would be thankful. Thnx in advance guys.
       Another thing that would be cool is something like having a graph of how much is completed for 1.3 .  Something like http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= … &gid=0 , a spreadsheet with the features & stuff u hope to release it with & have 3-4 colors representing things being worked upon, things already done, things which have been deferred & things which won't be fixed/looked into near-term. I'm not expecting Rickard to do this but perhaps one of the other developers or long-time users could contribute. Thnx in advance smile

shirish wrote:

Another thing that would be cool is something like having a graph of how much is completed for 1.3

Why not go see what's left: http://dev.punbb.org/report/3

Well, that's doesn't include our (as in "public") tickets for the things the dev team didn't think of (some of them will probably be discared, but still). The actual list may be bigger.

That's exactly why I was saying what I was saying, as per the tickets u showed me its only 26 items which are remaining. Of course how complex they are is anybody's guess, what I was saying is there might be features which are in progress (not fully implemented) so one does get an approximation both for developers as well as users as how things are moving smile Just my 2 coins smile