1 (edited by nickaster 2007-02-17 02:23)

Topic: Using PunBB with TypeKey Registration and MOvable Type

Hi there -

Looks like these guys managed to combine PunBB with TypeKey for registration purposes:

http://plugins.movalog.com/forums/

Anyone have a clue how they did it? A tutorial somewhere?

Second question, I've seen some very old posts about people using PunBB to replace MovableType's comments function. But hardly any information on the subject.  Anyone know if some kind of hybrid of the two is possible?

Thanks!

Re: Using PunBB with TypeKey Registration and MOvable Type

oh gawd... movable type is a coding nightmare! i don't even want to phathom thinking how merging the two would be possible, or if anyone is even willing to take on that task!

~thegleek

hmmm...  darn.  I suppose WordPress is better?

nickaster wrote:

hmmm...  darn.  I suppose WordPress is better?

um 100000000000x and than some!

~thegleek

Hmm... 'cept wordpress only publishes dynamically which can kill you if you have a big site, plus seems very inflexible in terms of design.  Either way, are there instructions for integrating it with PubBB?

nickaster wrote:

Hmm... 'cept wordpress only publishes dynamically which can kill you if you have a big site, plus seems very inflexible in terms of design.  Either way, are there instructions for integrating it with PubBB?

nope. nothing. good luck with that. while yer at it, you figure it out for the punbb community and post up a faq how you did it smile

~thegleek