Re: Missing <DIV> in profile.php

Do you get the same result when using an online validator such as the w3c one? (I use the web developer toolbar which allows me to validate the page easily, you may have to do a copy and paste).

Personally though I would suggest re-downloading punBB and extracting the file again(i.e. just the ones you are having trouble validating), and start from a fresh slate.

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Rich Pedley wrote:

Do you get the same result when using an online validator such as the w3c one? (I use the web developer toolbar which allows me to validate the page easily, you may have to do a copy and paste).

I use it too: the div is missing when you are a regular member

I re downloaded punBB and did a clean install but the problem still exist even without modifying any files.

Bingiman

good catch indeed. just switch around the endif and div tags like smartys mentioned above. fixed.

~thegleek

Smartys wrote:

I use it too: the div is missing when you are a regular member

I took too long to type my reply and missed yours!

I've found it and fixed as well!

my mind is on a permanent tangent
byUsers forum

Guys, not to be dumb here, but what exactly is the fix. I haven't a clue after reading all these messages.

In profile.php, find?

</div>
<?php endif; ?>                    </fieldset>

?replace with:

<?php endif; ?>                        </div>
                    </fieldset>

got it...thank you very much. big_smile

I found another bug in profile.php - You need to be in profile under administration

If you're using forums with the "&" in the names. example: YOU&ME you get errors. I got the following using FireFox's HTML Validator:

line 115 column 30 - Warning: unescaped & which should be written as &
line 124 column 28 - Warning: unescaped & which should be written as &
line 178 column 34 - Warning: unescaped & which should be written as &

This line:

echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<div class="conl">'."\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><strong>'.$cur_forum['cat_name'].'</strong></p>'."\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<div class="rbox">';

should be changed to:

echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<div class="conl">'."\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<p><strong>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['cat_name']).'</strong></p>'."\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<div class="rbox">';

Cheers!
Bingiman