Topic: Confused about «Save username and password between visits»

I am confused about the following in register.php:

«This option sets whether the forum should "remember" you between visits. If enabled, you will not have to login every time you visit the forum. You will be logged in automatically. Recommended.
# Save username and password between visits.»

How is this actually supposed to work? Maybe I am confused because it don't work, or maby I just don't understand how it's supposed to work. Can anyone please explain it to me in a very simpel way? (Feeling a little stupid asking this, but ...). roll

Re: Confused about «Save username and password between visits»

It makes sure the cookie doesn't expire. But if you clear cookies on exit you're logged out tongue

3 (edited by asleo 2007-02-27 20:53)

elbekko wrote:

It makes sure the cookie doesn't expire. But if you clear cookies on exit you're logged out tongue

Thanks!

But if I log out, I am not supposed to be logged in automatically when I visit the page the next time? If not, maybe the sentence about it on register.php should be changed to be a little more precise? I think it might be confusing for some, at least it was for me. cool

Quite logical wouldn't you think? tongue If you log out, the cookie gets destroyed. So no way to keep it alive tongue

5 (edited by asleo 2007-02-27 21:16)

elbekko wrote:

Quite logical wouldn't you think? tongue If you log out, the cookie gets destroyed. So no way to keep it alive tongue

Well, yes, but I don't find the sentence about it on register.php any logical, it make me think that I only need to visit the forum and then automagically get logged in. Anyway, if it's only me that read it that way, then there is no problem ... wink

(At first I thought it might be a browser spesific feature, but now I know different.)

Thanks again!