Re: Move Post 1.3 + Merge Topics

This is not "pluginable" because I need to add some code in few existing files ...

I wait like everyone the 1.3 to made an extension of this mod with may be few improvements ...

fpouget
You still have bug in Move Post 1.1.1 with search tables.

You don't account that search tables must be updated when post becomes or stops being first in topic. I mean subject_match field in search_words table. (last argument of update_search_index() function )

78 (edited by fpouget 2007-02-27 22:42)

Vovochka you are perfectly right !!!
The mod has been updated tonight, thanks to you.

Edit : and by chance today is the birthday of the fist release of this mod tongue

79 (edited by Vovochka 2007-02-28 08:11)

fpouget
Still same bug.

When i move first post from a topic the second one becomes first and has to be reindexed too.

Vovochka,

The yesterday release correct at least one bug. Now the one you mention is not clear to me

Could you give me a true exemple on the demo site : http://georezo.net/demo/ with the relevant search request ?

Thanks

81 (edited by Vovochka 2007-02-28 19:58)

OK.
Step by step:
I create topic "MovePost1"
First topic's post is "MovePostText1"
There i create a new post with text "MovePostText2"

Then i move post with text "MovePostText1" into just created a topic "MovePost2" (topic created by your mod)
So, post with text "MovePostText2" becomes first in topic "MovePost1", and this post must be reindexed in search tables as one that contains title ("MovePost1")

Now if i try to search text "MovePost1" i will see post with text "MovePostText1" BUT actually post "MovePostText1" has to be found by sarch query "MovePost2". But we have no text "MovePost2" in search tables sad

I made this experiment on your demo site.

You are right my apologies.

A new release is coming soon !

fpouget,
I'm sorry, but it seems to me that I haven's accounted another one situation:
If a post, that is moved from any topic is younger, that any other post in the reception topic, post that is  moved also becomes first in reception topic... So, in the reception topic it is necessary to reindex old first pot and new (just moved) first post in this topic.

Good luck with new release!

Vovochka,

Could you check http://georezo.net/demo/ , the firsts issues should be solve now. I figure out the situation you mention few minutes ago, it should be solve tonight with (hopefully) the new release.

Cheers

fpouget,
I checked your forum. It looks like OK.

The 1.2 should be ready here : http://georezo.net/demo/
A release will be available as soon tests will be OK. If you have a little time for il will be appreciate, Thanks

1.2 is available for download and for demo.

Only one new feature : is possible to move a post in a new topic giving only the topic_id.
But all the index's bugs mentionned by Vovochka and fews others ones have been fixed.

Enjoy smile

88 (edited by Bezon 2007-04-24 21:44)

Thanks for a great mod fpouget. This is the swedish translation I'm using if anyone is interested.

<?php

// Language definitions used in the mod "Move Post" 1.2

$lang_movepost = array(

'Mod move post'            =>    '[Move Post 1.2] - Flytta inlägg',
'Intro'                    =>    'Med denna mod kan du antingen flytta en tråd, ett utvalt inlägg eller ett inlägg som tillhör en viss tråd. Det är även möjligt att skapa en ny tråd där inlägget sparas.',

'Introduction'                =>    'Förklaring',
'Create topic'                =>    'Skapa en ny tråd',
'Move post'                =>    'Välj mottagartråd',

'Original topic'            =>    'Originaltråd:',
'Original forum'            =>    'Originalforum:',
'Select forum'                =>    'Välj ett nytt forum om önskas',
'Move all posts'            =>    'Flytta alla inlägg i den här tråden',

'Explain move all posts'        =>    'Raderar originaltråden.',
'Explain create topic'        =>    'Om en ny tråd önskas så skriv in ämnet här.',
'Explain move post plain'            =>    'Skriv in ID:et på tråden som inlägget ska flyttas till',
'Explain move post radio'            =>    'Eller klicka i vilken tråd den ska till här',

'Last'                    =>    'Sist',
'Poster'                    =>    'Postat av',

'Bad topic'                =>    'Felaktigt val',
'Bad new topic'            =>    'Ämnesfältet kan inte lämnas tomt',

'Mark move redirect'        =>    'Inlägget har flyttats till önskad tråd. Omdirigering sker …'

);

Edit: Spelling hmm

tack så mycket Bezon!

Merci ! wink

91 (edited by Papillon 2007-04-29 19:01)

Hello.
I just uploaded MovePost 1.2.
Now I wanted to test it. I wanted to move a post in an existing topic to a new topic. So I entered a new title. But it said "bac choice". Should I be giving a "Enter the destination topic ID" although a new topic will be created for the post to move?
Besides, how do I know the topic ID? I can know the existing topic's ID from the browser's barre, but how do I define an ID for a topic to be created?

EDIT: I should click on "submit" right after entering a new title. I thought I had to fill in the other things too smile.
My bad. Thanks for the mod!

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

great mod!

Super easy to install, and quite handy.

Another neat feature would be the ability to split a thread...

All posts below X post, or posts 5-10, to be split off in to a different thread, I did not see a way to do anything but move one post at a time.

No time for me to do that. But feel free to do your own mod to this mod wink

minis wrote:

is it possible to move several posts at the same time?

fpouget wrote:

Yes and no ...
Yes because you can move all the posts from the topic in one move.
No because you can not select between the differents posts the ones you want to move and the ones not. In this case you need to do as much "move" as post you need to move.

Hope this will be helpfull !

Hi fpouget
Thanks for this great mod.
Just a suggestion for a future revision:
Instead of putting the command "| Move |" in each post, could not you use the native method of "Move topic" and put it in the menu in bottom on the left close to:

Delete multiple posts
Move topic
Close topic
Stick topic

What would perhaps then make it possible to be able to select several posts to be moved into only once.

Regards

Thanks ! Is probably something to do but so far I don't have the time to focus on. May be for the next release with the new PunBB 1.3. If ever someone want to do it please do it wink

I  tried to mod my forum but it did not work (nothing changed). Also dispite irn readme is written:

upload/movepost.php to movepost.php
upload/lang/English/topic.php to lang/English/topic.php
upload/img/movepost/* to img/movepost/*

I did not find "topic.php" in folder "english". There was "movepost.php" file.

But still I tried and did all the changes, but nothing happened. May be becouse I use russian mod?

May be in this place in Viewpost.php looks after changes not as should be?

According to "find and replace" I replaced just under "Original" and now it looks this:

// QUICK QUOTE MOD END
        }
    }

else
// QUICK QUOTE MOD BEGIN
//
// ORIGINAL:
//        $post_actions[] = '<li class="postreport"><a href="misc.php?report='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Report'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postdelete"><a href="delete.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Delete'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postquote"><a href="movepost.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Move'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postedit"><a href="edit.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Edit'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postquote"><a href="post.php?tid='.$id.'&qid='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Quote'].'</a>'; //Move Post 1.2 Mod row

// MOD: QUICK REPLY - 1 LINE FOLLOWING CODE MODIFIED
        $post_actions[] = '<li class="postreport"><a href="misc.php?report='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Report'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postdelete"><a href="delete.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Delete'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postedit"><a href="edit.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Edit'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postquote"><a href="post.php?tid='.$id.'&qid='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Post reply'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'<li class="postquote"><a onclick="copyPID(\''.$cur_post['id'].'\');" onmouseover="copyQ(\''.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['username']).'\');" href="javascript:pasteQ();">'.$lang_topic['Quote'].'</a> <a class="quotehint" href="#nogo">( ! )</a>';
// QUICK QUOTE MOD END

// Switch the background color for every message.
    $bg_switch = ($bg_switch) ? $bg_switch = false : $bg_switch = true;
    $vtbg = ($bg_switch) ? ' roweven' : ' rowodd';

Ok, seems that I understood the problem. I had in my russian modifiaction of puBB a "quickQuote" mod.

So I need to change it to this:

// MOD: QUICK REPLY - 1 LINE FOLLOWING CODE MODIFIED
        $post_actions[] = '<li class="postreport"><a href="misc.php?report='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Report'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postdelete"><a href="delete.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Delete'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postedit"><a 
href="movepost.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Move'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postedit"><a 
href="edit.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Edit'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postquote"><a href="post.php?tid='.$id.'&qid='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Post reply'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'<li class="postquote"><a onclick="copyPID(\''.$cur_post['id'].'\');" onmouseover="copyQ(\''.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['username']).'\');" href="javascript:pasteQ();">'.$lang_topic['Quote'].'</a> <a class="quotehint" href="#nogo">( ! )</a>';
// QUICK QUOTE MOD END

Ahmed,

upload/lang/English/topic.php to lang/English/topic.php

My appologies it shoud be understood as

upload/lang/English/movepost.php to lang/English/movepost.php

Your second proposition should works fine !

Cheers

99 (edited by Ahmed 2007-07-16 18:19)

Yes, it seems that it works now - in few houers I will start it to use.

I have enough mess in my forum - time put everything in its place!

Thanks for mod.

Question about MovePost 1.2:

I started to use, and it works. But there is some problem.
I created New topic "Litlebit sad, but still funny" to which I want to move some caricatures and so on.
So I created topic and then posted first 3 posts in which informed about what will be this topic. I started to move funny posts from other topics, but there apeared problem. Seems that MovePost moves and sorts to place of post only by its posting time. So as this topic was created after those threads, so these moved posts placed before new posts...

But it would be better that if MovePost 1.3 would be with option that moved post moves as last in topic. Also it would be good if there would be possibility to move posts inside one topic - up and down...