Nice color - what theme is that
Oh, and it's all Greek to me smile

Landen Meadows Residents Forum - http://www.landenmeadows.net

Re: Forum about Islam and muslims in latvian and russian

VAKA

(Try Minima too, its nice).

4 (edited by Smartys 2007-03-18 21:55)

[A site devoted to offending other people? Common sense says it's not a good idea to post some of that stuff here -Smartys]

Peter: I'm not exactly sure why you posted those images, but I've removed them since they seem to have no relevance to the discussion and can be considered offensive. If you have a problem with it, drop me an email.

6 (edited by Peter 2007-03-19 00:41)

Islam is offensive to me. I posted one of the Danish cartoons and a picture of Theo van Gogh, who was murdered for expressing his views on islam, to make a point about freedom of speech.

If Ahmed has a right to show off a site spreading his sick 7th century war cult, I should have the right to criticize it. But PunBB made clear where it stands.

Nope, I made a point about where I stand: I won't claim to represent the opinions of the rest of the developers wink

And so my point is clear to people who missed your posts: hating a religion (I'm not sure how you can hate a religion, but that's for another topic) or any other reason doesn't give you the right to hijack someone's topic with images intended to offend.
If you wanted to engage in reasoned discussion of people's thoughts on Islam, in the proper forum and without hijacking someone else's topic, I would have no problem. However, I do have a problem with you seeing the word Islam in a subject and immediately thinking "mmm, lets try and offend some people."

Just to back Smartys here, direct attacks against anyone (be it their religion or otherwise) cannot be tolerated, its not what this forum is about.

As for me- It do not make me a problem. Before I become muslim, I was islamafobic. With such thoughts about Islam what have islamofobics, it is their duty to hate such evil.

Well, they can think that saying that Islam ir eeeeeeevil, is some kind of civil society, their duty, but for me they saying nothing which I havent heard 10-1000 times... It is not that I start to cry being offended. Maybe some bedouin from deep Saudiyya deserts who just first time connected to outside world that is something new and shocking.
I am not saying that with those caricatures is everything ok for me. I am saying that I understood that those danish "artists" and paper wanted to offend muslims and may be some beduins was shocked too. For all others this is nothing unseen (for those in West it is daily), it is just that in this case there was global politics incorporeted, and common muslims just used chance at last to show that they do not like when others tries to hurt them. Well - media ofcourse from 1,5-1,8 billion people with millions of peaceful demostrations choosed to show several (mostly) teens enterteinment with fire and stones...

Only I did not understand what that photo is. Thought may be that Peter himself for some reason or just mistake in image placing. Now I know how does looked that van gogh. If somebody lives in society in which many people like to use alkohol, then you become expert for recognising such people drinking habits becouse it leaves results on face skin and nose capilars. While excessive smoking (and drugs) can misled, now I have some more thoughts about grandgrandson (or so) of paintist which was my favorite before I started to live (in Islam).

I did not report becouse that hurts me. I just guessed that it is in rules to report such thing that could be offensive for others. For me, those could be left in ordinary case, but here this was very out of place becouse of images.

BTW - thanks for creating punBB. I realy like and hope that soon will be all language charset transformed in utf-8. (Especialy about latvian, becouse now I use only russian and english interface.)

I'm not "islamophobic", because that would imply I fear islam. I don't fear islam. I hate islam. Big difference.

I will stand for freedom and democracy and resist islam where I can. I know there are billions of muslims, but there are still billions more of us infidels and we're not all gullible dhimmies.

Freedom and democracy will survive, islam will whither away.

Freedom was never about attacking someone else's beliefs. It's about choosing what you want to believe in, and let others in peace with their own beliefs.
As much as I know, there is no criteria for this part of the forum that says "please, no Islam related forums". No one is hijacking your own freedom by just posting a link! And no one obliged you to join that forum anyways. I don't see that your freedom in invaded by any means.
That was just my two cents for not understanding why there should even be an issue, and do not intend to go on with this.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

And I didn't notice that this was an old topic wink.

As-Salamu Aleikum

I wanted to ask, do You know webdesign creating?

I am creating first site about Islam and muslims on latvian.

But as I created it myself, I have very amatier knowledge about webprogramming. (All what I know I learned when started to work on this site an forum.)

I have problems that fonts which is defined in one size displays in another.
(Diference between MS Frontpage design and display views...)
It makes litlebit larger fonts...

Also I am not sure did I use CSS definition for text at one place corectly...

If You can help or know somebody who could help...

Err..I am not sure you're addressing me, but if you are, then sorry to desappoint you. I am no web designer nor programmer, and like yourself, all I know about Punbb [modest knowledge that is] I learned it thanks to this forum.
I hope someone else could help you with this.

Papillon wrote:

Err..I am not sure you're addressing me, but if you are, then sorry to desappoint you. I am no web designer nor programmer, and like yourself, all I know about Punbb [modest knowledge that is] I learned it thanks to this forum.
I hope someone else could help you with this.

OK.

:-(

Hi Ahmed, nice forum and color theme
I remember the color of PocketQuran program for PPC/Palm by Jalal smile

Nice to meet you.
I came from the biggest muslim country in the world..

Anyway, Why you didnt use English? smile

PunBB, Simplicity has been easier than before
Smart is Simple. Fast is Smart. Think Fast, You'll be Smart..

regards,
PunBB & SMF Fans

FBI wrote:

Hi Ahmed, nice forum and color theme
I remember the color of PocketQuran program for PPC/Palm by Jalal smile

Nice to meet you.
I came from the biggest muslim country in the world..

Anyway, Why you didnt use English? smile

As-salamu aleikum

Thats not my design. Its Vaka - done by somebody else.

I did not understood:

Why you didnt use English?

Did You mean interface? It is english. I need latvian, but it is not translated in utf-8.

Why forum is on latvian and not english? Becouse it is main reason why this forum exist. There is miljons forums in english, but only one in latvian. Also I try to make site in latvian, but becouse of poor webdesign knowledge I have problems... Now I am trieng to rebuild design in site.

But forum is nice. Last 2 month is litlebit less active, but that was becouse I worked to get some money (7x12+h) and did not have time to continue developing it...

Latvia, aha I visited latvia few years back in inter time...what a wonderful small country smile I am little surprised to see muslim community in latvian language, is there a big muslim community there? I come from a country which supposed has largest population of muslim so just curious

Coming back to your forum, design is indeed nice, may be you can add more community flavor to it. something like thee vb skins

http://vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=220

http://vbskins.com/forums/?styleid=66

Ethnic latvians are very small comunity. Maybe few hundrets. Maybe... We do not know. Many have emigrated and most of them are women.