1 (edited by caps 2007-03-18 21:42)

Topic: Are plugins scripts scattered or do they reside in 1 folder?

I've read the Readme files for different modules and see that the instructions require that scripts from the modules (plugins) needs to go into different folders. Some get installed in the punbb home folder. I am wondering how would you uninstall them - looks like a lot of fun. smile It would be so convenient and a better way for overall management, if plugins would reside within the plugin folder.

I need confirmation on this.

Thank you.

Caps

Re: Are plugins scripts scattered or do they reside in 1 folder?

I think what you're looking at are modifications that include plugins. Plugins are admin/mod only tools that go in the plugins folder. Modifications require the user to add files to other places, modify files, etc
In 1.3, modifications and plugins will be replaced by the new extension system. Essentially, all you will have to do is upload the folder for a modification into the extensions directory, hit Install in the admin panel, and you'll have your modification installed

Moved to PunBB Discussion

Re: Are plugins scripts scattered or do they reside in 1 folder?

Hi Smartys,

Thank you for explaining the process and the difference between plugins and mods. I did go to the mod section and downloaded the Calendar mod and try to install it - thinking it was a plugin.

Caps