Topic: 1.3 "Add Forum To Category" Make it more simple / less steps

Since my very first install of punbb (years ago) I've wondered why the process of adding forums to categories is so awkward.  I was browsing the screenshots for 1.3 and thought... "I can't hold my tongue any longer."

Here's my suggestion:  Instead of adding a new forum and then naming it and then choosing the position (as seen here: http://punbb.org/docs/screens/original/ … ation.html )...

how about after choosing the category there is a text field for the new forum title and also a number to enter the relative position.  Let's change a multi step process into a single submission.   Just always felt silly to create, edit, rename, save, edit position, save, etc. etc. etc.

Heck as long as I'm making "Add / Edit Forum" requests, how about having the forum names be editable directly on the admin_forums.php page?  I don't have to hit edit to edit the Position... how about the same thing for Forum title?   Have both fields editable and have a master "submit/update" button for both positions and forum titles.

Rob Ludlow 
www.Nifty-Stuff.com - Repository of all Stuff Nifty!
www.reviewum.com - Professor Ratings + Teacher Reviews

Re: 1.3 "Add Forum To Category" Make it more simple / less steps

I think this was discussed before, but was pretty much ignored because you only edit forums very rarely, however, there are developments in 1.3 that might see the current system being replaced anyway.

I do remember asking Rickard about this a long time ago. It just a pity I can't rember what he said the problem was.

Paul wrote:

I do remember asking Rickard about this a long time ago. It just a pity I can't rember what he said the problem was.

I can't either, so I added this: http://dev.punbb.org/ticket/76

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."