76 (edited by pierito 2007-02-13 02:29)

Re: PunBB 1.2.14

I,

I am with punbb 1.2.12

To upgrade to 1.2.14, i made all change of files by using the hdiff-1.2.12_to_1.2.14.html except the "install.php".

The "install.php" i find is 1.2.9, and it is not at all what is good to made change.

So i see i need a "install.php" for 1.2.14

If some one can give me an "install.php" for 1.2.14

In fact i need the complete code of "install.php" for 1.2.14.

Cordially,

Pierito.

If you already had punbb 1.2.12 working on your website as a forum, you do not need the install.php file anymore. If you made all the required changes everywhere else, then you simply need to update your database records. Download the PunBB 1.2.14 (zip) from the downloads section. Unzip the files, and in it you will find an extras directory. Upload the 12_to_1214_update.php file to your forum webserver, and navigate to that address.

Good luck smile

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

78 (edited by pierito 2007-02-14 01:11)

Ok, thank you. It's done.

79 (edited by phpforum 2007-02-19 18:19)

I long time waited the new version of script (forum punBB) and left on IPB sad

Forum russian php programmers www.phpforum.ru
localization of your program (soft, scripts and another) for Russia

Hi,

In fact, as i made the upgrade 1.2.12 to 1.2.14, i have a big problem !!

I cannot go anywhere in my forum and the error is (in french) :

Erreur : Impossible d'écrire le fichier cache de saut rapide de forums dans le répertoire cache. Veuillez vous assurer que PHP a l'accès en écrire au répertoire 'cache'.

you can see it by going in this forum :
http://forum.ailleurprod.com

and by clicking any subject.

Very big problem.

Can you tell me in which way can go to fixe this problem.

I retell you i just upgrade by write some pages, 1.2.12 to 1.2.14

Please help.

Seems to work fine for me
If you continue having the issues, I would suggest deleting all the .php files in your cache directory

82 (edited by pierito 2007-02-22 01:49)

I don't understand. Did you go to some topic or subject in my forum, like this :
http://www.ailleurprod.com/punbbforum/v … m.php?id=7
An error appears. Impossible to go.
And not only going to the index :
http://forum.ailleurprod.com

And i don't understand what you tell me to do. Deleting all .php file in cache directory ???
-----------------------------------------------------------------
What i did is to verify all the change of file 1.2.12 to 1.2.14. It seems good.

I have just 2 things a little strange.

In "functions.php" :
all this part in dreamweaver appears "black" (if i move "one line above one line back", it appears good !! but when i oppen back it it appears still "black").

And something which appears strange for me is that we oppens a "<?php" whithout close it at anytime after.

Here is the code in functions.php

<?php

}

//
// Unset any variables instantiated as a result of register_globals being enabled
//
function unregister_globals()
{
    // Prevent script.php?GLOBALS[foo]=bar
    if (isset($_REQUEST['GLOBALS']) || isset($_FILES['GLOBALS']))
        exit('I\'ll have a steak sandwich and... a steak sandwich.');

// Variables that shouldn't be unset
    $no_unset = array('GLOBALS', '_GET', '_POST', '_COOKIE', '_REQUEST', '_SERVER', '_ENV', '_FILES');

// Remove elements in $GLOBALS that are present in any of the superglobals
    $input = array_merge($_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE, $_SERVER, $_ENV, $_FILES, isset($_SESSION) && is_array($_SESSION) ? $_SESSION : array());
    foreach ($input as $k => $v)
    {
        if (!in_array($k, $no_unset) && isset($GLOBALS[$k]))
        {
            unset($GLOBALS[$k]);
            unset($GLOBALS[$k]);    // Double unset to circumvent the zend_hash_del_key_or_index hole in PHP <4.4.3 and <5.1.4
        }
    }
}

Then in "register.php" :
all is good but it is not at the same number of line, for me the change begin at line 168 and not 175.
In fact i verify to be sure it don't seems to be the upgrade who create this problem, but it happen really after the upgrade.

So.

I'm still not having any issue.
As I said, look in the cache directory of your forum and try deleting any PHP files there

84 (edited by pierito 2007-02-22 02:23)

I see the problem only happen if you are identify.

If you are a visitor, no problem to see all part of the forum.

Try to create a count if you want in my forum, you will see the problem. No acces to any part of the forum. No possibility to post.

Erreur : Impossible d'écrire le fichier cache de saut rapide de forums dans le répertoire cache. Veuillez vous assurer que PHP a l'accès en écrire au répertoire 'cache'.

Why deleting php file ? Which php files ? There are plenty of php file which are important for the forum work good.  (here are the files : cache_bans.php / cache_config.php / cache_quickjump_1.php / cache_quickjump_2.php / cache_quickjump_3.php / cache_quickjump_4.php / cache_ranks.php)
I am still thinking something happen when i upgrade.

Please Help. If someone can see if there is a problem with upgrade, as i explain in my last post.

What can i do.

It is the first time my forum don't work good.

The cache files are regenerated if they don't exist, it's OK to remove them.

86 (edited by pierito 2007-02-22 02:45)

i do what you tell me. Deleting all.

Then problem to acces directly to the first page of the forum.

So i put 777 for the cache directory and it work now good.

Did i have to put 777 and not 755 for this directory ? Or i have to put some php file for the beginning (first page), then 755 ?

In fact, now, i have to put 777 for the visiting people.

PHP needs permissions to read/write to the cache folder: if 777 is what it takes to give PHP that ability on your server, that's what it needs to be set as

you mean that for this repertory "cache" read/write is for "owner" and also for "public" and "group" !

It is strange. It is strange i have to change this repertory in 777, as he was in 755 and before my forum always work good.

pierito wrote:

you mean that for this repertory "cache" read/write is for "owner" and also for "public" and "group" !

It is strange. It is strange i have to change this repertory in 777, as he was in 755 and before my forum always work good.

It depend on the settings and configuration of your hosting. On most (if not all) host using Apache, suexec and PHP as a CGI, 777 is not necessary (sometimes even not recommended at all), 755 should do it.

i know it is not recommanded. But it seems the only way actually for my forum work.

Is it not recommanded for cache directory ?

If your host require 777 for it to work, then ok.

It's only not recommended when a lower setting would work, and you set up the highest one possible.

Basically, it depend if your host use suexec or not, PHP as a cgi or a module, things like that.

What i mean, i find "cache directory' with 755. And my forum work like that few month, more than one year.

And suddenly, after update i have a problem which get is solution by put 777 to my cache directory.

Is it dangerous, for this directory ?

Way to go! punbb has already been fastest bb in my book.

Thanks

punbb congrats on your new release!!! smile

i need  the code!

96 (edited by grudon66 2007-04-10 19:04)

Just download punbb 1.2.14 and run install.php WwHhYy wink

PunBB, the FluxBB of tomorrow - today!