Topic: Importing MySQL data direct

I could not locate any information on general imports and am new to punPP.  I currently have a phpBB forum, and wanted to move the data to punBB.  I tried the migration tool, but can only access the database thtough php or PHPMyAdmin.  Is there a way to import into punBB from a database export or back up file?

Thank you

Re: Importing MySQL data direct

No, there isn't
However, the migration tool is PHP-based: you put it on your webserver and run it.

Thank you for the prompt reply.  The tool in currently on the server, but in the controls I am not able to access the database.  I see the punBB database, but not the MySQL. 

I think I am missing something simple.

I'm confused: do you know what the database name is for your phpBB forum?

I do have the name.  I set the localhost, and the access info, and still get an access error.  This database is hosted on Startlogic, and I access through the phpBB admin, or the phpMyAdmin.  I tried those and failed, and was lookin for a more direct method.

Check your config.php information for phpBB and make sure what you enter matches

That was the ticket.  I did not know to even look there (dork), and the import is on its way.  Thank you for the informaiton.